Strange Thing Happened On My Way Home From Work.

Haven't you heard of "good ole boys" taking care of each other? Especially true in small rural communities nearly 50 years ago!!!

Pat

God bless everyone

Small town with less than 1400 population here. Small town politics are extremley irritating.

Bearskin, what all was involved in getting your permit?

Haven't you heard of "good ole boys" taking care of each other? Especially true in small rural communities nearly 50 years ago!!!

Pat

God bless everyone

Small town with less than 1400 population here. Small town politics are extremley irritating.

Bearskin, what all was involved in getting your permit?

bubba I got my permit in dallas. if I remember right it was $150 but that was 1994

the hardest part is sitting thru 8 hours of classroom without smoking...written test...LOL

then you have to qualify at the range...50 shots at 10, 25, and 50 meters.

NEW plastic glock they made me use jammed up on me twice. that's why I have a colt .45

it's easy if you can see 50 meters and the permit is good for 4 years then you test again.

here in oklahoma I can get a permit for $65

I'd like to have a BAR but I really love British WWII weapons as ya'll can plainly see by me having an Enfield. I'd really love to have a Bren and a Sten. I'd also like to have an M1A1 Thompson. The one I'd like to have more than any other is a Browning M2HB .50 cal.

I was driving home from work and I get to one road and I get behind a Toyota Tacoma PreRunner. It was going a little slow and I was a little close but not anywhere near tailgating. Well as we continue on down the road at one point close to McDonald's and Burger King the guy slams his brakes real quick and lets off. Of course since I'm not tailgating, I wasn't close enough for that to really do anything. In fact I didn't even touch my brakes I just let off the gas for a second. Well I see the passenger stick his head out the window and look back at me. Well they get in the left turn lane at this red light and I go straight. Well sittin there at the red light there is an FJ Cruiser sitting next to me on this temporarily 4 lane intersection. I go a little faster than the FJ and get to the 2 lane part of the road. Well I get in the turn lane to go in my neighborhood. I turn in and go in a little ways and notice that Tacoma in the turn lane turning in. They kill the lights and stay a ways back thinking I wouldn't see em. I speed up and take all the turns real fast so they wouldn't know which way I went. I get down this long street and get to the big hill at the end and I don't see them anymore. I book it home (bout 30 seconds away) and park my car in the driveway (long driveway too). I get out of my car and see that tacoma slow down at my house next to my driveway. I'm pretty sure they saw me see them. It's safe to say I ran to my room REAL quick and grabbed the enfield and affixed the bayonet to it. I ran back down to the front of the house and looked out. No more Tacoma. I looked in the back (driveway is in the back) nothing but my car. I had finally remebered to go and check my gas cap cause I had just filled up. Due to my short term memory loss I wasn't sure if I had put it back on. My mom went out there with me carrying the handle to a floor jack since it certainly isn't wise to walk outside in a neighbor hood with a rifle, bayonet affixed, in hand. Luckily the cap was on. It is also safe to say that mt rifle is sitting next to me still with bayonet. Of course the bayonet is sheathed.

If anything happens to my car tonight, someone is gonna have hell to pay.

Last time something similar happened to me was in 92 when I collected rent at an apartment complex. The last few tenants kept me there until after the banks had closed and most paid cash.

I went home to get a night deposit slip and then deposited the cash.

I never noticed anyone following me ; but figure someone must have done so and figured I had all that cash at home. At 2Am someone kicked in my front door yelling "Police do not shoot". As I got out of bed to see what was going on I was shot point blank in the chest and then the moron said "Where's the money?" I replied "Idiot, you were supposed to ask that before you killed me." and I fell down like I was dead.

Spent a long time in the hospital over that one .

Yours sounds like a typical road rage / want to race type confrontation. They have them here all the time and more often than not the guy in the fancy little car with expensive rims gets shot and carjacked.

no problems here...I got the firepower.

and just in case they run I have a 30-30 lever action with a scope.

when I applied for my concealed carry permit I got 100% score with Glock .45

old timers will know what I'm talking about...USMC, qualified with M1, colt .45, M14, and BAR.

they wouldn't let me qualify with bow and arrow.

Glocks are nice, but I prefer the new Springfield XD Sub-Compact. That's what I used to qualify for my CCW. I've never had a pistol that accurate straight out of the box, atleast for the price. I'm a big fan of the Colt 45 and the M14, I'm actually looking at buying a M1A Socom.

The United States loves their guns...

I live in Japan. Yesterday we went to my friend's house and he had left his door open for four hours while we were gone. Wide open! You could see from the street that the door was open.

Everything was inside - laptop, tv, dvd, sound system, keyboard, guitar, money on the table - EVERYTHING.

Who wants to make a bet on what would happen if he had done that in the States?

We do not really need to lock our doors, and I feel safer here than I ever felt in the States.

Please be careful, Honda Boy, there is too much rage in the world and I do not want you to get hurt.

Smooches,

If we did it nothing would happen. At least nothing criminal. There's a fair chance that a raccoon or coyote would take it as an invitation but I don't think they'd be interested in the TVs and computers :)

I live in Japan. Yesterday we went to my friend's house and he had left his door open for four hours while we were gone. Wide open! You could see from the street that the door was open.

Everything was inside - laptop, tv, dvd, sound system, keyboard, guitar, money on the table - EVERYTHING.

We do not really need to lock our doors, and I feel safer here than I ever felt in the States.

Please be careful, Honda Boy, there is too much rage in the world and I do not want you to get hurt.

Smooches,

Gadgets are safe, but women on Japanese trains aren't.

Smooches,

my friend in california, they left their house unlocked when no one is the house. every room in the house is unlocked waiting for robber to take the chance, but it never happen, lucky them, they does this everyday. but ofc the car must be locked

here's what's stupid about pulling crap like this. They didn't know whether not I had a .357 Mag in the back of car or not. Of course I didn't. The Enfield is my only firearm. They could have done that to some psycho that coulda pulled out a loaded gun and shot them right there.

The manager/owner of the lawnmower store next door to the BBQ place I work out (he's bout 25) came over one day like he does all the time. He's allowed in the back and we hang out with him. He had a bag. It looked like a purse so we joked with him and my manager (24) calls him gay of course. Well he pulls a sidepocket open says "Call me gay again". He had a loaded .357 mag in it. That bag was full of money he was taking to deposit. If anyone screwed with him, he meant business.

People can really screw themselves when they don't think.

Edited by Honda_Boy

Smooches,

that's good information LiXindi...maybe john kerry, john murtha, and ted kennedy will move there for their own safety.

If we did it nothing would happen. At least nothing criminal. There's a fair chance that a raccoon or coyote would take it as an invitation but I don't think they'd be interested in the TVs and computers :)

not where i live, there are people down the street that would steal anything they could, i used to sell soda on the street (like lemonade stand, only soda) and one day, my frined who helped me left out a case, they stole it, we fouind the case, all drinken up, in their backyard. and they walk past out house alot, so they would see it.

and in my other house, someone broke into it and stole stuff, it was locked and everything, so people would deffinetly take the chance there, especially since only 2 neighbors can see our house from their house.

You can't leave anything outside here, or leave your doors/windows unlocked, without someone stealing your stuff with or without you being around. If they want it they will try to take it, with no remorse about stealing!!! :wacko::wacko:

Last year someone cut in half and stole the bottom half my brand new coil type 25 foot hose...the end with the sprayer semi-permanently attached to it (not easily removed or transferable to another hose unless you know what you are doing in hose repair) which was connected to the faucet right by my back steps. I have had hand tools stolen over the years, window screens we washed and left to dry in yard, clothes left drying on deck rail, welcome mats, deck furniture...so now we don't have any on the deck because it would just worry me and raise my blood pressure if someone stole it again. I have even had potatoes dug and stolen right out of the ground and of course the produce above ground 'walks off' and fruit off trees and bushes does too. And numerous other things 'walking off' when we weren't looking. Car has been broken into, motorhome too.

We have had all sorts of criminal stuff happen to us and to our neighbors over the years, and generally the same thing goes on all over metro area as just the way things are in this nutty part of the country.

Portland is a hippy town with many so far left they can double as 'commie pinkos' (not my definition but theirs as braggingly labeled by the Oregonian in article defining the political makeup of our town) who think what is mine is theirs but when caught and asked their addresses so I can come help myself to their stuff they get all huffy mad and selfish...huh!?! No double standards there!!! Yeah right!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

A neighbor was recently out front doing the parking strip grass edging the hard way on her knees with a broken off butcher knife from a thrift store garbage bin, she got up to move her wheelbarrow about 10 feet and two nicely dressed nice looking polite guys in late teens maybe or 20's walked by and stole the junky dull half knife thing while her back was turned while talking with them..she said it was absolutely of no use to anyone, in fact it was possibly her last use of it to edge with even. They will steal anything in this town, even garbage out of garbage cans and recycle bins. They steal anything they can get their hands on from bridge rails to agricultural sprinkler pipes and sprinkler heads (that sprinkler and pipe one just in news today where the guy was caught taking it in a nearby urban farm community.)

This same neighbor with edging knife stolen had her kitchen sink replaced in past year and decided to keep her old stainless sink to use on her patio as a large planter, she and her handyman helper filled it with dirt and planted it. They continued to work on stuff nearby, and on way back into house noticed the sink planter was gone, with only a pile of dirt and the plants left on patio. I thought at first she said they took it all but later found out the dirt and plants were dumped out anyhow it surprised me that the crooks even left the plants!!!). Neither of them or her hubby just inside the patio door at table heard or saw anyone!!! Broad daylight. They have had lots of garden ornaments stolen over the years, but keep on trying to trust people anyhow as they make their yard look nice for everyone to enjoy. Also had stuff stolen out of their garage (even a car I think but can't remember if it was them or the previous owner for sure), as have other neighbors.

After all these many years stuck here due to hubby's work, all we want to do now is move far away as soon as he retires, or sooner if we can figure out how to finance it and deal with a longer commute for him. I know there is crime elsewhere, but not the generalized liberal attitude that it is ok if person steals necessities (which can be anything they desire) especially homeless and the oh so poor welfare-ites are given all sorts of liberal excuses to allow them leeway 'because of their needy conditions don't you know' to live as thieves to take what they need/want as long as the liberals aren't personally affected, but oh brother how the tune changes when those same elite liberals are stolen from!!!

Ha!!! Ha!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol::lol::wacko::wacko:

Sooner or later people will have to wake up to reality of the need for the rule of law applying to all levels of society and not give a free ride, or be so condescending, to lower classes by applying double standards of behaviour. Or we as a society will have a world not worth living in and only a selfish world of every one for himself in the chaos of total anarchy. :wacko::wacko:

Ok ok carefully stepping off my soap box now. SIGH!!!

I do get kind of worked up about this subject. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Pat

God bless everyone.

As long as you live in good parts of town, it's alright over here. Things don't get stolen often. Hell, my car sits outside. This neighborhood is full of nice people and many of them same people have personal arsenals. They are nice but when you steal from/ threaten them, they'll have a 12 gauge in your face before you know it. One of my friends, you try to break in his house, his family will have a 9mm Berretta, a .30-06 rifle with hollow points, and 3 shotguns on you quick.

Well here in Alabama, don't go into the woods without wearing an extremly bright color, or some idiot will think your an animal, and shoot you :mellow: I live outside city limits though so I can go gun crazy ... if I wanted to.

It's to bad that our world is still so full of crooks, and worse, that we need to plan ahead for some form of protection, guns, dogs, or stun guns, or whatever.

I've said for years that I would like to have a Doberman dog. The ones I have known are gentle loving wonderful dogs, but they do protect a family and are a good deterrent even just by their looks. I have had shelties, collies, german and belgium shepherds over my lifetime, but still wonder if the next one should be a Dobie. Haven't made up our minds yet and it's been several years since our last dog, a sheltie mix, died of old age. The problem is that our State Farm insurance company doesn't like people owning certain breeds. And neither does this town, or county, although people do have them but you have to go extra mile to keep people safe from thier fears of certain dogs. My dogs always were voice command trained so didn't need fencing, but would have to have it nowadays with those breeds, which is ridiculous because people go into fenced yards even with warning signs, also most dogs can escape under or over or through most fences if they really want/need to. So we keep putting off getting a good protection dog. Sigh!

And with my temper I don't want a gun around. Sooooo.... what to do ??? (Though we still do have those old machetes around here somewhere! Ha!!!) I guess I'll just continue to trust God to keep us safe, and our stuff too.

Pat

God bless everyone