Making Firefox Use A Certain Network Adapter

disable the wired adapter in your network connections. Mine has always just picked oone on it's own if it detects a connection.

Edited by Honda_Boy

I wish there was, typically its windows that decides which network adaptor does what.

On my linksys its interesting when im transfering files, if im uploading, i upload with wired and download with wireless (to another computer on the network) but thats not much good if your downloading...

Pierce

the only way to do this is to set up routing. which Windows does apoor job of, but in any case set the adaptor in which to use firefox to get an address, have a gateway and have dns attached and the other set to a spacific subnet not used by the other. This is not full proof as Windows sometimes will pick one connection as default so in that case you must diable the other connection untill to actualy get the one you what Firefox on to coonect ot the internet.

if you have a Firewall aplication (not windows firewall as far as I know.. ), you can use the application like a router and have port based routing to connections.

Edited by iccaros

Well I need to do it because I have problems with both of my connections. See when I am trying to play games and stuff my wifi card cant do it. I have a packet loss problem which is the cards fault completely. ( Iv treid everything for it). So I went and baught a linksys router. Now the linksys router has some strange problems where I cant resolve DNS anymore. Kinda weird and very annoying. It ususally starts happening when I use bittorrent. So I have a eithernet connection to the router and a wifi connection to my modem. I might mention that my modem has a wifi router built in. So what I would like to do is surf the web with my wifi connection and do bittorrent and gaming with my eithernet connection.