Sandisk- I See No Files, But It Is 1/3 Full?

I have a Sandisk Cruzer Mini 1.0 GB Flash Drive which shows no files on it, but is registering 371 MB of used space on it.

There are no files to delete. This once could hold up to 1GB with no problem, but now it is limiting me to 604 MB. How can I fix this?

I have a Sandisk Cruzer Mini 1.0 GB Flash Drive which shows no files on it, but is registering 371 MB of used space on it.

There are no files to delete. This once could hold up to 1GB with no problem, but now it is limiting me to 604 MB. How can I fix this?

could they be in your trash? plug it in then check your trash. I think windows stores the trash files on the drive that they were deleted.

edit added later//

but I think by default windows will only use only10%(100 mbs) of your disk for garbage, not 37% that you have lost.

Edited by shanenin

you can format the drive but you will never see the full 1 gig. I think they have an untouchable system file on there someplace. I formatted my 512 Mb but it only gives me 480 Mb

it could also be bad sectors. Flash has limited writes, so once you reach that point it will show them as used.

flash also writes at 512k blocks so you can use up more space with small writes, so even putting small amounts of data over and over can use up large spaces.

I found this out the hard way, by putting a swap file on the flash card..