A Fine Port Fer A Pirate

This story is for those of you (and you know who you are!) who like the pirate image! Enjoy!

From today's Oregonian, so it wont last long on their website.

A fine port fer a pirate

And here's a copy of the fact sheet for more pirate stuff.

Quote:

Maniacal about the piratical

Friday, July 07, 2006

Want to get your pirate on? Here are a few places to look:

www.boggandsalty.com: Official Web site for Captain Bogg & Salty, Portland's favorite "buccaneer rock band for pirates of all ages."

www.boompirates.com: Web headquarters for the Brotherhood of Oceanic Mercenaries, aka B.O.O.M., whose show includes comedy, sword-fighting, cannon demonstrations and music.

www.talklikeapirate.com: Home of the Talk Like a Pirate guys.

www.piratesofportlandia.com: Go to this Yahoo groups site for information on "a not-fer-profit, fun group of pirates and privateers celebrating the Golden Age of Piracy -- before, during and after! Come aboard and help us set a new course. We be just now mustering!"

www.dresslikeapirate.com: Portland-based online boutique offering such items as velvet frock coats, boots and pewter grogware.

www.lostmtnclay.com/pirate: Estacada-based potter Mark Heimann's (aka Captain Morrigan Quicksilver's) Web site includes Quicksilver's Pirate Pots (such as a "scurvy dog bowl").

www.captjackspiratehats.com: Hood River-based maker of piratical headgear of various styles ("The Captain Kidd," "The Jean Lafitte," "The Blackbeard"). -- Kristi Turnquist

Unquote.

I knew our town was a 'bit' odd, but sure didn't know about all this going on. Ha! :rolleyes: Though did see a glimpse of it on the news at Rose Festival time when a couple of the Disney(?) pirate ships came up river to Portland, but didn't suspect a big pirate following. HuH!!! :rolleyes:

Pat

God bless everyone

:pirate: My nutty Son wears a pirate hat when he plays games on the computer (I call it his thinking cap :)) and I think I know where he will end up when he leaves the crowsnest! Batten down the hatches, Pat, he's a scalywag and I'm sending him this thread! (he'll LOVE those websites) :pirate:

Thanks (I think.....he'll be talking like a Pirate for a couple days after playing with those websites)

Liz

Son got home from work and stayed on the computer till after I went to bed because of your post, Pat! :D I told him to log on and give a report, but I think he was too busy playing with those sites to do so! He kept saying, "yeah, jussa-minute, gotta check this out. Ooooooh, *ahem* Arrrgggghhhh!"

He LOVED the "buccanear rock band" site (you punk rock lovers should check it out, it's NFG goes pirate)

And......he found his hat :pirate:

Liz

Hi Liz, Glad your son liked the story and links!

Watch out that he doesn't try to hobble around with a fake wooden leg, a patch on his eye, and a parrot on his shoulder... after all that pirate stuff. :rolleyes:

Never can tell what this area will come up with next....the state motto used to be something like "Things look different here" which is sooooo true!!! :rolleyes::wacko::rolleyes:

Pat

God bless everyone