Mouse Responding (somehow Got Here Without One Xd)

Hey everyone,

so i wake up this morning, i turn on the computer and my mouse is stuck in the middle of the screen,

so i reset, i make sure its pluged in, i plug it into a different USB slot, i keyboard my way to mouse settings and its not even seen by the computer, although the mouse is lite up, after about 20mins i here "beep" (The sound it makes when you plus something into a USB slot) and the mouse works! w00t happy right? 20seconds later its dead again.

Sooo what could it be?

the mouse is kinda old but i dont think its dead cause like i said the lasers lite up.

Windows XP Home, Mouse drivers all there, many different slots, USB slot working with other devises, no other

mice to try.

try it on another computer. My DVD drives on my main system wouldn't auto run but when it died I put the burner in my Compaq and it auto runs just fine.

Daughter does a hilarious Christopher Walken impersonation about a "maaaaaaouse" and dog gone it, she's in bed, or I'd have her recite it and type it out for you!

I take it you turned the maaaaaouse upside down and checked for gunk? I also think it's time to replace it, we had one do the same thing.

In the meantime, here's a gazillion keyboard shortcuts, thanks to Handplane.

Liz