Hi everyone, I just recently got Paint Shop Pro from a friend who had upgraded theirs. I was playing around with it trying to make some animation, but when I try to pull it into Animation Shop (3), I get the message "This is not a valid Paint Shop Pro Image file." I have looked this up but had no luck. I tried updating the programs, as well as saving as a .psp instead of .pspimage, but I still get the same error. I was hoping someone here might be able to help me with this.

Thanks!

:huh::blink:00000001.gif

Once again, I must thank you all for your enormous help! Somehow when I post here, I usually immediately find what I'm looking for, even if I had been looking all day! :thumbsup:

In case this issue ever comes up again, here is the answer that finally worked:

Q:When trying to open a saved image as a PSP file in Animation Shop, I get an error message:-

'This is not a valid psp image file the file does not exist or cannot be read.Please check the filename and access priviledges '

A:

When saving a PSP file for the first time in PSP8 go to 'File' 'Save As' and in the 'Save as' window click on the 'Options' tab. Tick the box for 'Save as PSP7 compatible file'. This will enable Animation Shop to recognise it.

:huh::blink:00000001.gif

Once again, I must thank you all for your enormous help! Somehow when I post here, I usually immediately find what I'm looking for, even if I had been looking all day! :thumbsup:

In case this issue ever comes up again, here is the answer that finally worked:

Q:When trying to open a saved image as a PSP file in Animation Shop, I get an error message:-

'This is not a valid psp image file the file does not exist or cannot be read.Please check the filename and access priviledges '

A:

When saving a PSP file for the first time in PSP8 go to 'File' 'Save As' and in the 'Save as' window click on the 'Options' tab. Tick the box for 'Save as PSP7 compatible file'. This will enable Animation Shop to recognise it.

Didn't know that.

I had the same issues and gave up. Used Photoshop instead.

Thanks for the info.

Joe

same thign happens to me all the time. when i was workin on my friends laptop I posted 3 or 4 questions and found the answers myself almost immediately after I posted the question.

LOL I'm so glad I'm not alone on this one then. I felt a bit dumb, being able to finally find the answer.

Joe, seems that even though it is a fairly common issue, not many places have the information I needed.

LOL I'm so glad I'm not alone on this one then. I felt a bit dumb, being able to finally find the answer.

Joe, seems that even though it is a fairly common issue, not many places have the information I needed.

I know what you mean.

Thanks again!