I'm Gonna Be A Daddy

Hey all, thanks for the best wishes and congrats.

Due to the fact that the Mom and I being unconventional people, we aren't married and are more like friends (it is 2004 after-all...sorry if unwed parenthood makes ya squirm...hehe)...my ex-wife and I were friends/lovers for over 5 years, got married and 2 years later were neither...lol...So, neither of us is really looking for a ring but we both welcome this little bundle of joy (translation: demon spawn....lol)

She already has one and kinda knows what to expect, me on the other hand, a total noob.

It's still very early on so I'm looking forward to alot of things, like finding out the boy/girl thing...Hoping for a girl myself...of course, the Mom is hoping for a boy...lol

Since I don't sleep much as it is, I don't think that'll bother me too much...we sleep enough when we're dead, right?

I think I might be a little weird (well, I know I am...) but I'm already thinking of tracking the pregnancy from a technological standpoint, complete with a web page full of sonogram.jpgs and heartbeat.wavs...I'll definitely drag this thread out of retirement to update when cool things come up.

Once again, Thanks to the nicest online community I know.

Tom

oh, btw...I met the Mom online...bet you wouldn't have guessed that...lol...ain't tech grand?

I think I might be a little weird (well, I know I am...) but I'm already thinking of tracking the pregnancy from a technological standpoint, complete with a web page full of sonogram.jpgs and heartbeat.wavs...I'll definitely drag this thread out of retirement to update when cool things come up.

Weird, maybe, but a verrry cooool idea. Not just for you, but for the kid too, when He/She gets older.

"Hey Son/Daughter, want to see your first baby pictures? No, for real, that is you."

Go for it.

Hey all, thanks for the best wishes and congrats.

Due to the fact that the Mom and I being unconventional people, we aren't married and are more like friends (it is 2004 after-all...sorry if unwed parenthood makes ya squirm...hehe)...my ex-wife and I were friends/lovers for over 5 years, got married and 2 years later were neither...lol...So, neither of us is really looking for a ring but we both welcome this little bundle of joy (translation: demon spawn....lol)

She already has one and kinda knows what to expect, me on the other hand, a total noob.

It's still very early on so I'm looking forward to alot of things, like finding out the boy/girl thing...Hoping for a girl myself...of course, the Mom is hoping for a boy...lol

Since I don't sleep much as it is, I don't think that'll bother me too much...we sleep enough when we're dead, right?

Once again, Thanks to the nicest online community I know.

Tom

oh, btw...I met the Mom online...bet you wouldn't have guessed that...lol...ain't tech grand?

Congratulations TicToc,

I have a daughter and what a blessing...1st piece of advice is not to take any advice....only from the doctor...My mom had 5 of us rugrats and always told me that with each child...the rules change..The only thing that doesn't is loving and enjoying them!! Good luck and keep us posted!!

:D

Congrats TicToc! Don't let it touch Windows, raise it right! :P

amen!!!

I wish I had never done that and just learned linux from the start...the only use I find for my windows knowledge now is to fix other people's PCs...almost pains me to boot mine to XP...lol

gonna have to go shopping for some stuffed penguins for the nursery...lol

~ How wonderful for you both!!

You're about to embark on an amazing journey, that will feel more like a roller-coaster ride at times :)

One of the wonders is seeing everything fresh again through the eyes of your child, it's beyond my ability to describe, but trust me, it's awe-inspiring.

I wish both of you joy and a safe, successful journey!

Suzanne

• 6 months later...

Hey all

Just thought I'd bring up this old thread for a news flash.

This Morning we had another routine midwife appointment and the little one had a somewhat irregular heartbeat (sounded like a gallop instead of a trot)...The midwife said it was probably nothing (yeah right, you try not freaking out to that) but better safe than sorry, so we had an ultrasound to check it out this afternoon...the little guy is fine and dandy, heartbeat was fine and everything looked good....and I stress that he is a HE now...as some of you may know, I've had my doubts from the images of the last ultrasound since I thought things might've been obscured by the cord but the pics today remove all doubt.

Won't be long now...mine and mommy's prediction-->less than 3 weeks :D

Hooray that the little guy is fine!!! Sometimes Midwives can be a little TOO cautious, which is scary for the parents, but too cautious is better than not cautious enough!

Make sure to let us know when your precious gift arrives--and even though this is a "tech forum", there are some mommies and daddies here that will surely help you through the "baby glitches".

Liz

Let me reiterate my commiserations (oops congratulations) for all those sleepless nights to come, not only when he's a baby but again when he reaches the teenage years36_1_11.gifconfused2hw.gif

congratulations tictoc...wishing you all the best.

I have 6 kids, 14 grandkids, and 2 great grandkids.

take lots of pictures and keep a journal so you can look back at this when you are old.

and don't feel bad as I met my present wife on the internet also.

thanks for all the best wishes everyone :D

Let me reiterate my commiserations (oops congratulations) for all those sleepless nights to come

LMAO!!!!

After yesterday's little worry and then seeing him on the ultrasound screen as a fully developed baby, it all seems like it'll be worth it...almost seems like I saw him for the first time since he still looked like an alien at the last ultrasound

thanks again folks

:lol: not quite that bad :lol:

Pretty sure he'll be wearing gear with that logo on it soon enough though ;)

AHHHHHHHHH YOUR HAVING A PENGUIN. congratulations??? :unsure:

i looked at your sonogram pictures on your site and is it just me or is TechTv in your blood. i think that your baby is trying to make the TechTv Logo.

Baby Sonogram

Edited by macmarauder
AHHHHHHHHH YOUR HAVING A PENGUIN. congratulations??? :unsure:

i looked at your sonogram pictures on your site and is it just me or is TechTv in your blood. i think that your baby is trying to make the TechTv Logo.

Baby Sonogram

heh, you do have quite the imagination, huh mac?

Something tells me you don't see the usual bunnies n' s*** that most people see when they look at clouds :D

My mother is convinced that He has a halo in this one :D

TicToc, I just read today about such a neat idea if you're religious. A local hospital now has its Chaplins bless all newborn babies. The originator of this practice was a nurse, at her previous job, the attending nurses blessed the babies they delivered. I know most midwives do home deliveries, but if you have a Pastor or a close relative, or your midwife--being asked to bless a brand new miracle is a blessing for both the baby and the "blesser"

Liz