I have 2 monitors. One is a 1024x768 monitor, the other is a simple 800x600 monitor. I wanted to hook BOTH of them up to the same tower. I have an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 video card, and I know it has duel monitor support.

My problem is this:

I have my 1024x768 hooked up to the VGA Port (this thing: Click). I also have a DVI Port, and an S-Video port. This is where I get lost :S.

My 800x600 monitor has 2 cords comeing out of the back. One to plug it into the wall, and another to plug it into the tower... using the VGA Port. Thats it :S.

So how would I hook up 2 monitors to one tower? I mainly need to know what cords I need. I was looking into a DVI or a KMV cord...

Also, would duel monitors use up more ram and memory?

Edited by Keikonium
I have 2 monitors. One is a 1024x768 monitor, the other is a simple 800x600 monitor. I wanted to hook BOTH of them up to the same tower. I have an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 video card, and I know it has duel monitor support.

My problem is this:

I have my 1024x768 hooked up to the VGA Port (this thing: Click). I also have a DVI Port, and an S-Video port. This is where I get lost :S.

My 800x600 monitor has 2 cords comeing out of the back. One to plug it into the wall, and another to plug it into the tower... using the VGA Port. Thats it :S.

So how would I hook up 2 monitors to one tower? I mainly need to know what cords I need. I was looking into a DVI or a KMV cord...

Also, would duel monitors use up more ram and memory?

I had no idea that there were splitters for this sort of thing @_@. I think I will look into that for sure, thank you.

I am mainly thinking of using this for photoshop use, I could have all my tool screens on my smaller monitor, and have my main window on the larger monitor. It woul give me alot more space for editing pictures.

Also, having me media player on one screen, and everything else on another screen.

I saw a screen shot with the taskbar extended onto the second monitor... I was think about that also. Wallpapers are no problem. I can adjust to that.

There is a program made by stardock called Multiplicity (I think thats the correct spelling) that allows lots of freedom with duel monitor and such... so getting that I am sure would be of use.

You don't have to pay!

It's an option in Windows where you adjust screen resolution and such (display in control panel) When it recognizes your two monitors you select extend screen resolution (what you want since you want more space) then choose the 2nd screens location to the other (that way when you drag a box to the right of your 1st screen, it continues on the left of your 2nd or however else you have it set up). I wish I had the desk space to do that on my main computer, but I don't so :(