I'm running a 2400+ with 512MB of RAM. My video card is only a MX4000 plus both of my 20GB hard drives have OSes on them that I don't want to get rid of. I also don't have a DVD drive.

You should be able to snag some deals easily if you just watch the bi-weekly sales. (such as: Corsair XMS 2x1GB is around $110 this week!)

I can buy a 512MB stick of Kingston that matches what I have for $45. A hard drive is about $50. DVD drive $40. Video card another $45. After bills I'm lucky to have $25 leftover at the end of the month. I need to have some customers come in for PC work or pick up some construction side jobs. People are buying new cheap PCs instead of fixing their old ones and money is tight around here for new construction or remodeling.

I'm running a 2400+ with 512MB of RAM. My video card is only a MX4000 plus both of my 20GB hard drives have OSes on them that I don't want to get rid of. I also don't have a DVD drive.

You should be able to snag some deals easily if you just watch the bi-weekly sales. (such as: Corsair XMS 2x1GB is around $110 this week!)

Edited by xxkbxx

started mine about 1:00am saturday morning and got up at about 9:30, went downstairs, and it was at about 75%. When I went back upstairs to get ready for work 30 minutes later it was about 78%. 10hours later, it's safe to say it was done.

How is the installation process? I mean, how is it different from XP?

About the same. Take around 45 min. to do. Wiping and reformatting the drive just a few min complete.

You give your key at the start and just a few items at the end and your done. I would say it's more simpler then XP....

But it doesn't list what new or how this is better like the old versions did. Just list what's being done and the % it done.

How is the installation process? I mean, how is it different from XP?

But it doesn't list what new or how this is better like the old versions did. Just list what's being done and the % it done.

No complaints with that! Those screens get old after 50+ installs!