Yes, we use this program here at work actually. What it does is make it so that everytime the computer is rebooted, it goes back to the original settings at the time it was installed. It also gets rid of any files that were saved on the computer as well as any other crapware, etc. I'm not sure what all you can and cannot select to change since I was not here when they installed it.

Here's the web site for it:

http://www.faronics.com/html/deepfreeze.asp

Yes I've used Windows.....

DUCk....

OK, I'm going against the grain here....this program doesn't sound too bad, actually. When Daughter is on the computer, she aimlessly clicks stuff without reading what she's clicking (I could wring her neck!) and her 4 month old computer needs a HijackThis analysis done, because it's BSOD'ing so "who-knows-what" is on it now. :angry2: I try and try to educate her, but it does no good!

Is this program available for individual computers? I clicked the "buy now" link on the website that Nerelda provided, but couldn't make heads or tails out of it. I figure if I can convince Daughter to save her Word documents on a flash drive every day (she is already in the habit of emailing her documents to her Gmail account as an extra backup in case she kills her idiot box), she won't lose anything too important if the computer is "factory fresh" every day.

With this program, do the Windows Updates and VS/Firewall Updates "stick"?

.....YES there is someone dumber on computers than I am! :D Imagine that! Yup, Daughter is blonde!

Liz

it is a fairly useful program for gov't/corporate use but boy howdy did it piss me off in Mrs. Harvey's class. I swear I could keep my S2000 wallpaper and my install of firefox over the weekend. :) Actually deep freeze really didn't bother us (we had a partition to save stuff) as much as the internet block which blocked some of the most ridiculus stuff. I swear a project we had to do to compare computers (we had a budget of $2000) and Dell was the only one of the major brands unblocked. I ended telling everyone to use ViciousPC cause of other gaming companies, their site was the easiest to use and had lower budget sytems. Schools freakin piss me off. Thank god I graduated. Now on to college. What there will piss me off? Who knows?

ummm question wouldnt it just be easier to bring a copy of live linux and run it from the cd rom and do what you want from there and not have to worry about deep freeze?

ummm question wouldnt it just be easier to bring a copy of live linux and run it from the cd rom and do what you want from there and not have to worry about deep freeze?

Not if you're used to Windows.