Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper Drake Released

Hey t0c you might want to give the alternate 6.06 iso a try. I'm installing Ubuntu 6.06 on my other Ubuntu box now using the familiar text based installer. It is working out fine so far:-)

Which would you reccomaned for a dual-booting linux noob like myself? The 'alternate' one? If so, where are you finding that one vs the normal one thats causing issues?

Matt

For me the 6.06 desktop iso didn't like my CD ROM drive. You've installed Debian, Matt so the text based installer should be no problem for you. I've set-up a dual boot with Ubuntu 5.10/ win 2k with no issues.

I think either of the isos should work for you. The alternate 6.06 iso seems to be more forgiving of hardware for me anyway.

The desktop 6.06 iso helps to set up your partitioning scheme for you. shanenin and t0c didn't like the automtatic features that would over-ride their correct manual settings. I've now used both isos and I like the 6.06 alternate 386 iso. :D

Finished the install with the Alternate 6.06 386 iso, it worked fine. No unusual issues. So I think either iso will work. If you have concerns about hardware or the desktop 386 iso doesn't work then the alternate iso is a solution.

Just thought I'd throw this link up for new users ( Ubuntu Dapper Drake 6.06 Guide )

Was off to a rocky start with some show-stopper annoyances but things are improving...Who'd have thought I had to stop the bluetooth service from running at boot to get my mouse and keyboard to work?...lol

Edited by tictoc5150