Going Off-line For A While

I know I haven't been on much as of lately. Spring is here and the wife has a million things planned. And I am putting on the final touches to my new fence. Replacing 104 foot of wire with wood picket fence. Boy, Am I tired of digging post holes. And nailing pickets :mellow:

But as for going off line. All my parts are in, so I'm going to start rebuilding my PC. I'm going to a AMD 64, 3800 X2 dual-core setup. Have everything new. And ready to start. So I might be missing for a few days.

See you all when I'm done. :)

Be good.

I'm more excited about the picket fence than the computer :D It'll look lovely when it's done! Be careful, don't get cut building the fence or shocked rebuilding the computer and good luck

.....Be good?.....

Liz

Edited by blim

good luck building.....................can you .. ummm.......buy me some parts too? My Athlon XP 3000+ is a bit dated. :) I'm kiddin. College is starting in a few months and I will be building a new sytem soon.

I know I haven't been on much as of lately. Spring is here and the wife has a million things planned. And I am putting on the final touches to my new fence. Replacing 104 foot of wire with wood picket fence. Boy, Am I tired of digging post holes. And nailing pickets :mellow:

But as for going off line. All my parts are in, so I'm going to start rebuilding my PC. I'm going to a AMD 64, 3800 X2 dual-core setup. Have everything new. And ready to start. So I might be missing for a few days.

Be good.

Be good.

So just how many dilithium crystals do you figure you will need to run that puppy?? :P

As for the fencing you really need to try some of the 1/2 mile run's I have done (4 strand barbed) :glare:

See you when you get back.

tenmm

Thanks for the words of support everyone.

Never ran it tenmm. But alot of farm country out of the hills. Watched alot of ranchers and farmers running the stuff. It's work alright.

irregularjoe, I live higher up (alot higher up) then the canyon. Where do you think all the melting snow goes :D

We put up a quick wire fence with T-poles when we first moved into the place we have now blim. It was only supposed to be a temp. thing :blush: .....Well, 20 some years later I finally got of my rear end and got to it. B)

Going to tare everything down tomorrow after work. But I can't stop playing with all the goodies now :lol:

Honda_Boy. I'm using a 2400 right now. So you have had me beat. Still you have a good rig if you ask me. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

good luck there JSky, have fun with the build even if the fencing isn't. hehe done some of that before.

Hey Nerelda good to see you here too

I'm back.

What fun that was. Everything went ok at first. Powered up the first try. Did the repair install to find all the new hardware, called the toll free number and got reactivated in about 15 min. Downloaded a total of 47 updates and had to reactivate office 7 pro again. Then rebooted for all the updates to finish and the computer started up..... then shut down......... :blink:

Waited a few minutes and tried again, Started up....then shut down :huh:

Thought for about 10 minutes and then got an old power supply, through it in and powered it right up.

So off to get a new PS. swapped em around and all is fine. Runs like a charm.

Fence is all done too. Just need to put a sealer on it. Took two weeks from start to finish. But it looks better then that old wire fence I had. Now, a week or two break....maybe three or four. Then out to start getting fire wood for next winter. Seems like the work never ends :(

Welcome back, Jsky!

47 Updates?!?? :o Oy vey. OK, just because if I ever have to reinstall everything, (Heaven Forbid!) did you download and install all of them at once?

Hmmm, some time off...wanna come over? I have windows to wash now that pollenseason is winding up, a kitchen to paint, and a Dining Room ceiling to replace (major ughhhh, the DR is "command central") :D

Sure glad everything went well for you!

Liz

47 updates weren't bad, I did a repair install and not a fresh install. Didn't want to lose some programs I had. That's why I did the repair. When you do an automatic repair of your OS. It replaces some of the files to factory settings, thus removing some updates. And it will find and load drivers for new hardware. Makes the transition to new hardware easier.

I just downloaded all the updates at once and let them all install together. All in all it took about 45 minuets to do everything. (repair install.....broadband connection helps).

Other then my Power supply going out it was flawless. And I stayed with the same brand with my motherboard. so there wasn't much of a change for drivers. Calling M$ was easier then I expected. talked to a computer, and 15 minutes later all was reactivated again.

Don't worry....The wife is already finding things for me to do to keep me out of trouble :(

Never a day off when your married :lol:

yeah if you give M$ the right information, they can fairly easy to deal with. When I had to install XP on one computer that's discs were missing, they let me use the disc from the system I built because I owned the liscense to both. Had it done in just a few minutes like you. They gave me the activation code and I was on my way.

47 updates weren't bad, I did a repair install and not a fresh install. Didn't want to lose some programs I had. That's why I did the repair. When you do an automatic repair of your OS. It replaces some of the files to factory settings, thus removing some updates. And it will find and load drivers for new hardware. Makes the transition to new hardware easier.

I just downloaded all the updates at once and let them all install together. All in all it took about 45 minuets to do everything. (repair install.....broadband connection helps).

Other then my Power supply going out it was flawless. And I stayed with the same brand with my motherboard. so there wasn't much of a change for drivers. Calling M$ was easier then I expected. talked to a computer, and 15 minutes later all was reactivated again.

Don't worry....The wife is already finding things for me to do to keep me out of trouble :(

Never a day off when your married :lol:

Must be why I go back to wok after a couple of days off :whistling: