World Class Moron!

This year's run away winner was Mrs. Merv Grazinski of Oklahoma City,Oklahoma.

Mrs. Grazinski purchased a brand new 32-foot Winnebago motor home. On her first trip home, (from an OU football game), having driven onto the freeway, she set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the drivers seat to go into the back & make herself a sandwich. Not surprisingly, the RV left the freeway, crashed and overturned.Mrs.Grazinski sued Winnebago for not advising her in the owner's manual that she couldn't actually do this. The jury awarded her $1,750,000 plus a new motor home. The company actually changed their manuals on the basis of this suit, just in case there were any other complete morons around.

Edited by jimras

Fiction according to Truth or Fiction site. Also it supposedly was MR not Mrs.

Stella Awards Number 7

I have seen several versions of this tall tale in last 20 or so years in rv magazines, and in comics, and of course the always factual....yeah right! emails, with varying amounts of money and several different motorhome brands, and no proof of any of them ever happening.

Since cruise control has been a standard or optional fixture on cars, trucks, and motorhomes for many years, I doubt any jury or company would award damages if anyone was so stupid as to do any away from driver's seat stunt such as this. More likely they would be ticketed/arrested/jailed or at least checked for Duii.

Pat

God bless everyone

Mrs. Grazinski purchased a brand new 32-foot Winnebago motor home. On her first trip home, (from an OU football game), having driven onto the freeway, she set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the drivers seat to go into the back & make herself a sandwich. Not surprisingly, the RV left the freeway, crashed and overturned.Mrs.Grazinski sued Winnebago for not advising her in the owner's manual that she couldn't actually do this. The jury awarded her $1,750,000 plus a new motor home. The company actually changed their manuals on the basis of this suit, just in case there were any other complete morons around.

Hmmmmmmm............

I'd actually consider doing that since I need the money.

But unfortunately , my '59 Rambler doesn't have cruise control. :angry:

Edited by irregularjoe

Hmmmmmmm............

I'd actually consider doing that since I need the money.

But unfortunately , my '59 Rambler doesn't have cruise control. :angry:

Yes it does. A brick on the gas pedal. Doing so will enable it to maintain a steady 65 MPH cruise rate. That was about the top end for my '60 Rambler American. :thumbsup:

Even if it were a true story, the lady who put a paper cup of steaming hot coffee between her legs would still win. It's extremely unlikely that someone wouldn't know how cruise control works, but it's completely unbelieveable that an adult wouldn't know that hot coffee is, well, HOT.