Hi Brian_Holiday. We used to have one, I wrote most of it. However, whoever makes decisions there decided that it should be taken down. There was a big vote over it, but we lost. :(

Edit: here's some info on what happened.

Talk about patently unfair. Can I assume sock puppets are multiple accounts used to skew a vote?

BH

Hi Brian_Holiday. We used to have one, I wrote most of it. However, whoever makes decisions there decided that it should be taken down. There was a big vote over it, but we lost. :(

Talk about patently unfair. Can I assume sock puppets are multiple accounts used to skew a vote?

BH

sock puppets equals followers who voice the same opinion of the complainant that the Wikipedia dictators disagree with.

The people that use the site are the ones that make decisions there, most of the time. Most of the voters were ordinary editors.

BH

Yes. Sock puppets in general refers to one user creating multiple accounts, to skew a vote or discussion. Meat puppets are somewhat different: the term usually refers to different people brought in by one user to skew a vote on an issue.

The logic being, that if the site were popular enough to warrant an article there would have been a decent number of established users that came out in support.

Sucks to have your article deleted, but that's Wikipedia.

They actually decieded to put it back up, but I was extremely angry with the way they handle things. I could go on and on about them, but I won't. However, I did request that the article be taken down after it was put back up, and that I don't want anything to do with them.

B

Well that makes me feel a little better about my suspicions about them. In a debate elsewhere someone referred me to a W. definition and I let them know I don't fully trust their articles. It's a great resource for some material, but like e-mail forwards you have to be aware it can very easily be made up, or biased, or the information might be politically motivated, or .... whatever. I guess even the LACK of an entry may have a lot of meaning behind it. :huh:

Ya know I had made a revision on one of their articles and I don't know if someone came around and deleted or what but the next time I looked at it a few weeks later my revision was gone. It was about the "All Knowing Vortigaunt" of Half-Life 2. It said that very few if any of it's lines are said by any other Vortigaunt in the game. Well I discovered that there was one that said all the same lines. I put it in the article and later it was erased. I'm not sure how or why. There is a revision I made about the Acura Integra that I believe is still standing though. That's because I am for damn sure right on this one. It originally sade that a 98-01 Integra GS-R had 5-Spoke "blade" wheels. Well, it actually has 6 and I changed it.

* I checked it it says now "given enough prompting by the player, much, if not all, of the information imparted by the 'All-Knowing Vortigaunt' are also spoken by other Vortigaunts encountered in Half-Life 2."

Edited by Honda_Boy