unless you have Macromedia Flash 8 and know the actionscript that it takes to make that work like that it will be next to impossible. A lot of flash files like that are copywritten, and need the creators permission to use. Thats the biggest plus with flash from a web designers view, no one can steal the code.

I would recommend contacting the webdesigner that made that page and ask for the FLA file that it was made from. if they give it to you then all you need is flash 8 to change it. if they don't then you need to come up with a different idea.

Well if not could I have someone on here edit it for me?

unless you have Macromedia Flash 8 and know the actionscript that it takes to make that work like that it will be next to impossible. A lot of flash files like that are copywritten, and need the creators permission to use. Thats the biggest plus with flash from a web designers view, no one can steal the code.

I would recommend contacting the webdesigner that made that page and ask for the FLA file that it was made from. if they give it to you then all you need is flash 8 to change it. if they don't then you need to come up with a different idea.

i'm sure someone would be willing to edit it to your specs, but as a web designer myself, I know I wouldn't mess with it unless I got the file and permission from the web designer.

Well I am saying that if someone could design it from scratch if someone has time.

i'm sure someone would be willing to edit it to your specs, but as a web designer myself, I know I wouldn't mess with it unless I got the file and permission from the web designer.

give me the basics of what exactly you want it to do, i will see what I can do with it. I'm not going to promis that I can make it exactly like that, especially since I don't know what kind of action script they used, but I will tinker with it to see what I can come up with.

all I want is something to display my photos like that and load them up nice and fast. I want to setup using something other than flickr so I want to be able to have a front page then they click on an album then it displays the photos. Then they could scroll through the pics. Does that help?

give me the basics of what exactly you want it to do, i will see what I can do with it. I'm not going to promis that I can make it exactly like that, especially since I don't know what kind of action script they used, but I will tinker with it to see what I can come up with.
  • 2 weeks later...

sorry got a little sidetracked, in the process of moving again, so I have to delay it for now, currently I am running into a problem getting the action script to work correctly, but I haven't completely given up.

OK keep up the good work. See where you can get.

sorry got a little sidetracked, in the process of moving again, so I have to delay it for now, currently I am running into a problem getting the action script to work correctly, but I haven't completely given up.
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

sorry Honky Buzz,

Been Busy with real life, I was unable to get an answer from the ariginal creator of the website to see if he would be willing to share his code.

It seems like lately I have been busy with keeping my employers websites more in tune then anything else, I will see what I can come up with.