I am 99.999 percent certain this is not a virus or malware problem for starters. This just all of a sudden happened about 2 days ago. I have found some possible solutions on google but none worked for me so far. Does anybody have a program that will tell me what the high hardware interupts are coming from? The last time this happened, I had installed Speed Fan. Once I uninstalled it the cpu usage went back to normal. I haven't installed anything recently that I can think of to cause this. Sysinternals found the problem but not the cause. The cpu hovers around 50 percent and the interupts about the same, which is practicully half the idle time. The cpu usage does go back to normal with an occasional small spike in Safe Mode. Any help would be very appreciated. :wacko:

Have you tried disabling the different controllers in Device manager one at a time to narrow down where the problemic hardware is? Have you checked for IRQ conflicts? Have you tried a different keyboard or mouse to rule them out?

Did check the IRQ's with no luck. Here is an odd one for the record, tried changing the keyboard again and powered up but still the same. I noticed the sleep button was on on the board and pushed it. The system logged off and went to sleep. I pushed it again and woke it up, logged on and the usage and interupts are now normal. Tried the same with the original board and had the exact same results doing the exact same thing. So for now it is ok but I'm wondering if the keyboard interupt is going to continue to be a problem or get worse. Time will tell, thanks for the help. :thumbsup:

Do you have Norton's on your computer? My cpu stayed at 50 percent or more all the time. One of the processes in the task manger was working like crazy. I found out it was part of Norton's. I closed that one processes and the cpu went down to 1 percent in a few seconds. I deleted Norton after that. I use AVG. I don't remember what it was called, but hope this helps you.