IMO, you should go some where like Circuit City and talk to a sale associate there. Look, and listen to to the display models.

They also install everythying they sale, although like I side this is a great DIY project, and you can learn a lot doing it your self... hint hint.... :)

IMO, you should go some where like Circuit City and talk to a sale associate there. Look, and listen to to the display models.

They also install everythying they sale, although like I side this is a great DIY project, and you can learn a lot doing it your self... hint hint.... :)

I personally wouldn't be installing an indash cd player without any experience- too much to risk with electrical crap in your car. However, speakers and and subwoofers/amp/wiring kits are easy to install yourself

I personally have no need for amps or subs. I just would really like to have a nice head unit and some competition grade speakers. No need to weigh my car down. Subs also don't really improve sound quality for me which is all I want. My Current system consists of a Pioneer Premier head unit at 200W. I have Pioneer Premier 220W 4 Way speakers in the rear, Pyle 160W 2 Way speakers in the doors (I kept these in Favor of 200W 3 Way Sony X-Plods in the back, Sony SUCKS for speakers), and the OEM Acoustic Research tweeters. It sounds alright but I constantly tweak to get the right amount of Bass without fuzzin at higher volume levels.

WHo said anything about head phones?

I agree with Honda Boy on this one. A good set of speakers will give you all the bass you need. Any more and all your doing is pissing people (like ME) off.

Edited by Bubba Bob

me and friend that rides with me all the time make fun of people we see in the parking lot with their "thumpin bass" and the amount of money they spent on their sound system. Half of them drive $h!+ boxes anyway.

What I said I want to do is what real tuners do. Infact sometimes they don't even use 4 speakers or more. It'll just be 2 sometimes. It's all you need to enjoy good music. I want people hear what I'm listening too not my trunk lid shaking uncontrolably.

People that really mean their car for racing have no audio whatsoever though. I mean true road racers not rice draggers.

me and friend that rides with me all the time make fun of people we see in the parking lot with their "thumpin bass" and the amount of money they spent on their sound system. Half of them drive $h!+ boxes anyway.

What I said I want to do is what real tuners do. Infact sometimes they don't even use 4 speakers or more. It'll just be 2 sometimes. It's all you need to enjoy good music. I want people hear what I'm listening too not my trunk lid shaking uncontrolably.

Don't be hating the crappy car with subwoofers (and lights, for that matter)

You know how insects are attracted to bright lights? Bass pumping, light-shows in vehicles attract the ladies (especially the black girls!)

I've had plenty of girls say they like my car cause they like my engine's sound. Others like the look (I've got the only EG body Civic at school and it is 1 of only 6 total civics). If only I had the guts to say "Ya wanna ride?".

There is only one other civic as loud as mine (96-97 low-end crap engine) and it sounds like crap. There is one other sport civic (99 Si) but the guy bought it tuned. Didn't do anything himself. It has a true racing exhaust. His is loud too but not as loud as mine :thumbsup: .

Edited by Honda_Boy

No, Bubba Bob - it isn't a good thing - it's just fun to go out in my car after football games, wait in traffic for about an hour with the lights on and base pumping, and have people coming up to the car.

As far as exhaust, I've got a flowmaster (round her' y'all just straight-pipe exhaust an' make it real loud - GIT-ER-DONE) In proper English, every idiot and his brother has loud trucks - but there are still some douche bags with stock civics w/ coffee can mufflers