Spring Has Sprung

Ah, Michigan....

Saturday, Sunny and almost 60 degrees! :)

Sunday, Cloudy and 50 degrees, thunderstorms at night

Monday, High winds (25, gusting to 60), hail nearly the size of tennis balls in some areas (not here, TV weatherman said that...), flooding (3 1/2 inches of rain Sunday night), power out near Bozodog's area, 28 inches of snow in a 12 hour period in the UP, thunderstorms, tornado watches, and temps going down to 20's with snow, (sh*t, snow advisory now in my area...) right now it's a 17 degree windchill....paybacks for two beautiful days!

And you know, Terrorist, it's coming your way. :angry:

good luck with the dryer hunt, Pat! I had some clothes stolen off the line once, right after we got our "deranged dog", thankfully she WASN'T outside as she was so skittish then, she might have bitten the culprit (she'll "invite" anyone in the yard now if she thinks they'll throw a ball to her!). Still ticks me off, though, the crook swiped the only pair of Son's dress pants that he had (he was growing too fast to merit more than one pair)....and it was during Soccer Season, when he had to "dress" on game days! I felt really odd calling the cops about it, but the neighbor had a bike stolen by the same guy and I was mad!

Liz

It's not bad this morning. The temperature dropped from 65F at midnight to 40F this morning. We have 35 m.p.h. winds. Forecast is temps dropping to mid 30s with chances of snowshowers (dusting to 2") each day during the week. Possible lake effect (2-6") tonight, but mainly to the north on the Tug Hill region. This is normal spring weather here. The ground is so saturated and warm that any minor snow won't be an issue. The empty property behind me now contains a small 1/4 acre lake about 18" deep. My sump pump is running constantly.

Spring is here early. Upper 50s with showers. I removed all the plastic from and cleaned my windows on the inside. Tomorrow it is supposed to be in the mids 60s with intermittent sun. I'll be able to do the screens and the outside of the windows. I turned the furnace off. Screw the National Greed power company. The high winds earlier this winter broke some branches off my pear tree and knocked another tree over in my backyard. Time to get the chainsaw out and clear the yard of debris.

Time to blow the dust out of your computers people. :thumbsup:

I LOVE THIS "TYME" OF YEAR!!!!! Hehehehehe!!

I rally do, it is my most favorite time of the year, the sun is getting hotter, the snow is gone, grass is showing, the snow is gone, it is warming up, days are getting longer mornings are getting brighter... oh yeah, did I mention the snow is gone! :)

Yes, good ol spring soon to be summer!

One day, one year, I will live in a place where it is hot 24/7 365 days a year!! No snow again for me...

I'm with you, Tyme! Ugh, I hate cold weather, I hate snow. We finally got to the "melting point" where only the "plowpiles" were left and now we have a white coating on the ground. Hubby says, "yep, as soon as my body is cold, you're moving to Florida"....and he is right! :D

You darned Canadians have really lucked out this year! What happened to the Great White North?

Snowdrops and crocuses? Well, mine are budding....well, they were on Saturday. According to the paper, we had 16 ft waves on Lake Michigan yesterday. Oh, how I wish I thought to go to the lake, the wind was howling. I love to watch the waves when they're that big! And this time of year, the sand is frozen so the car doesn't get sandblasted. :thumbsup:

Daughter swore she saw a robin yesterday, but that was in Grand Rapids, an hour south of me. I'm just happy to hear birds.

Liz

Yep, Robins are back in town here, Liz. BUT the snowbirds ain't left yet. Not a good sign. 30F and snow predicted tonite.... Bleh! I have "cabin fever". And SB keeps staring at the grill on the deck. I know he wants to uncover it to push the season along..... Mmmmmm cheeseburgers!

Still a bit windy here. Temps in the mid thirties. We got an inch of that wet white stuff. The main lake effect hit north and south of us.

The people next door are having work done on their house. The roofers showed up today and already have shoveled the roof off and started to strip it. If roofers can work on a day like this then it isn't bad out.

It is really cold here, and we're getting the weirdest weather!

yesterday it snowed for 30 min, really hard. Then 5 min after, the sun was shining, and there was no snow anywhere...

Weird :blink: