Problems Installing A Game*update*

i bought a copy of NFSMW and everytime i try to install it i get an error saying "an error as occured when trying to copy blah blah blah...." the first time it was on CD one and this was in my CD drive, so i went into safe mode and tried to install from my dvd and i got to the second dic and got the same error but on a different file, EA support dosent really give specific answer but i did clear my temp and end some processes and i even went into safe mode, so im not sure what it is other than i need a new version of installshield, any other tips?

Edited by GrundleLove

comment removed by Dragon

As for your question. Is it possible to skip the file? If you can try that, and note where it is trying to put it and manually extract it from the game disc if possible.

I've done that a few times with success

really usually this means a bad disc. make sure it is good and clean and not to scratched. I had probs with some discs and then cleaned em. They worked fine then but thats not always the case. Have you tried installing it on another computer to make sure it isn't the drive or windows?

ok dude when he said " I got a copy of NFSMW" he was saying he got a real one like when you say "hey I got a copy of that DVD at the store the other day" or " I got a copy of this new album". No disc you buy is the original so technicaly it is a COPY.

Just leave this dude alone. Do you have any clue how hard it is to copy games today. they a re copy protected out the wazzoo especially EA games like the NFS series. Yes there are game copying software titles out there but most games are bound by a key. This key usually on newer EA game has to be registered. Kinda like windows Activation. So even if it were an illegal copy it would be impossible to play.

comment removed by Dragon

Ok, the Admin team has made a decision after I got some input from the OP, This topic is now reopened, I have removed unnecessary comments and posts to prevent issues.

This will not be turned into a flame fest. no further comments regarding what happened earlier will be tolerated. This post will stay open until such time as deemed necessary by the Admin Team.

By any chance did you use a drive imaging program or have one installed on your system? Many new games will see Nero ImageDrive has been used and assume that it was used for copy purposes. Also I have heard programs like Clone CD/ Clone DVD to cause install and in game errors.

I'm just brain storming.

Preston

well the weird thing is that when i tried to install it the first timei put it in the CD drive and i got an "a problem occured when trying to copy eauninstall.exe" (or something) then when i tried to install from the DVD drive and in safe mode, and i got past the DISC 1 error, but got the same error but with a different file on DISC 2. so im not sure what to do. i got virtual CD but it was to confusing so i uninstalled it

for a while was only able to install software or rip movies in safemode only. Now it seems to be working normal agian. I was going to reccomend turning off dma for the controller that runs the drive, but.... I think running in safemode does not use dma by default. So inessence you have already tried to install with dma off.

I know you have recevied a lot of good help but i thought i would add my 2 cents.

First, make sure the discs are clean and in good condition.

Second, Try to use another optical drive if possible (maybe even test it on another comp)

Third, Try copying the whole cd manually to do desktop first and installing that way

Fourth, Dont rule out the possibilty you could be a victim of pure bad luck and have a bad cd.

Hope this helps,

JPMK12

yeah it's probably a bad disc. try taking it to the store. if you can't and it looks clean and free of scratches you still might want to try use a CD cleaner on it anyways. i have seen a CD get stuck on a particular file every time even though it looked fine.

the other thing is, has this game or older versions of this game been been installed on this computer before? cause i have also in a rare case seen a corrupted file need to be overwritten by the installer in order to install the game but it brings up a copy error messages because there's already a copy there and it can't overwrite. i had to forcibly remove the file and tell the HD to negate those blocks on the drive and skip them. that was also the time where the owner deleted the uninstaller and later on tried to manually delete all the connected files manually months later. boy was that a mess for me to fix.

yea, i think i might try to bring it back and see if theycan clean it for free. but for some reason i still think it has something to do with my comp. is it possible to manlly install it? like, copy all of contents of the cd into the folder it belongs? or wil lthat still not work..

In case I missed someone giving this advice already. Have you tried cleaning your CD Drive? If you live somewhere where there is allot of dust or other contaminates (By factories, or such). Cleaning the laser lens might help you out.

*update*

out of curiousity and as a test, i took my game and began to install it on a friends computer to see if it was just me, and it is. he got throught all of the discs with 98% left until we cancelled just to make sure. so what on my computer makes it not want to install? perhaps a update of somesort, know that we know its just my computer we can dilude the possible solutions non?

*update*

out of curiousity and as a test, i took my game and began to install it on a friends computer to see if it was just me, and it is. he got throught all of the discs with 98% left until we cancelled just to make sure. so what on my computer makes it not want to install? perhaps a update of somesort, know that we know its just my computer we can dilude the possible solutions non?

Backup & reload, that's the simplest and most annoying way to fix 95% of problems

*update*

Backup & reload, that's the simplest and most annoying way to fix 95% of problems

like reformat? no way, ive already done that 3 times in the past 2 months

Well, if it installs on somebody else's box, then

the problem is with your computer and not the disks

I agree with a previous poster that said to clean the

CD drive itself. Over time, the lens gets dirty.

If that doesn't help, then I'm stumped!

jr

you say your computer meets the minimum requirements, There is a possibility that their minimum requirements are incorrect. your cd or dvd rom might not meet the requirements that the disks actually use. Another possibility is your drive(s) are dying, it happens.