I'm sorry, I know this has nothing to do with PC Support but i dont know of any other good forums.

I'm using a TI-83 Plus graphing calculator.

I used TI Connect version 1.6 to connect to my calculator and transfer a game (Contra 83).

I installed the game from the RAM on my calculator.

Now i transfered the actual game (i guess the EXE) to Archive.

I have no idea what archive is or where its found on my calculator

heres a screenshot of where its found http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot6ge.jpg

I think** all you need to do now is move the program to your RAM (its probably archived) and execute it.

To do this hit the "Mem" button. (Bottom left near Enter)

Choose #2 (Mem Mgmt/Del)

Then Choose #1 (All)

Next you will see everything that is stored in your memory. This files with an asterisk next to them are archived. The files with no asterisk are in your ram.

Cycle through the files and find the game. Highlight it and press "Enter". That will move it to your ram.

Hit Quit (2nd + Mode) and press PRGM. This will show you a list of the programs on your calculator. Find the game and press enter.

Note:

Remember, anything in your ram WILL BE LOST if your batteries are removed OR the calculator crashes.

Edited by Bubba Bob

What you need to do is go into memory managment, goto GROUPS menu (sorry i dont have calc on me so i cant give u exact answers), and you will have the option to group files or ungroup them, choose unggroup, and ungroup contra83

What you need to do is go into memory managment, goto GROUPS menu (sorry i dont have calc on me so i cant give u exact answers), and you will have the option to group files or ungroup them, choose unggroup, and ungroup contra83

You could also get a program like Mirage which automatically unarchives the games before you play them, then archives them back when you close

Grouping will put a bunch of individual files into one big pack, kinda like a zip file. That way you dont have the spread all over your memory making it hard to find things, and its good if the games include pictures that willl get overwriten by other games. Then you just ungroup and everyhting is ready to go for the game.

Ok if you downloaded the game off of the internet you'll need to upzip all of the files. Once you've unzipped the file. You can just go to My Computer and find where you have the files. Highlight all of the things that are in that file and Left click and select Send to Connected device and choose your calculator and send it to the RAM. Then on your calculator just go to Programs and choose the main file that runs the game. The image that you have is where you can look at what is on your calculator.