Need 2 Questions Answered

I am using Wme and Firefox 1.0.

The first question is how do I stop Help and Support file from opening when I go to safe mode? I have forgot what settings I should make.

The second question is when I go to a couple of web sites I regularly visit I have noticed I am getting a popup box called "Web Search Results" with a bunch of sites in it. If I adblock the sites, the box just pops up as empty. How do I get rid of the box itself? This shows in firefox as well as IE.

Thanks

For the popup, may I suggest that you first check that firefox is set to blocking popups, then I would also suggest scanning for spyware. Some really good programs for that are as follows:

Ad-aware SE

Spybot S&D

Ewido

And of course to help KEEP those pesky spyware out of your computer, I suggest using SpywareBlaster.

NOTE*** Remember that just one spyware program may not be efficient enough, so use several.

Thanks

I have always used spywareblaster,ad-aware,spybot and a2 all current and updated. Nothing comes up in any scan.

My question is, in firefox I adblock the links in the box(web search results) it still pop ups only there is nothing in it. Is there some way to adblock the box itself?

Also what setting do I make to stop the Help and Support page from loading when I go to safe mode?

Hi B

Do you think this is coolweb??

"Web Search Results"

Just wondering.

Hi tenmm,

I would like to see the url's in the logfile before I decide what it is.

B

Tenmm and B

I had downloaded the new cwshredder and ran it. Can't remember the new number, but it was just updated recently. Anyway it found nothing wrong.

I just drove 8 hrs back home and it will be several days before I go back to my son's house.

I am now reinstalling all of my programs on my new 30 gig hard drive that all of you have helped me get going. I will in the next day or two take my other son's 15 gig hd out and install a new 40 gig hd and transfer all of his programs and files. So I will probably be calling for help. I think I really need to install spell check next.

But, back to the other problem. I am going to give the web site that is giving me the "web search results". Just click on any link and you will see what I am getting.

http://www.angelfire.com/wv/GHSFOOTBALL