Jeez..at Church..

Anyways, some of yall know that I am indian (from INDIA).

Ok, Anyways, Yesterday my family drove to Augusta,GA (6 hour drive total)

for my Cousin's Baby's babtisim, I'm the godfather ^_^.

Ok, upon entering the church, this WHITE person, slowly whisper "Where are these from".

..meh, I'm used to those comments by now, so I wasn't mad.

Anyways, then my sister told me when they sat down, this WHITE person just got up and move.

Then came back as though he felt guilty, and gave my family a lot of "Peace be with you" thing.

If your catholic, you know what I'm talking about.

Anyways, my my sister's and my cousin and every other girl my cousin's invited were wering Sarees (sp?).

and the men, including my self was wering suits.

and the REAL funny part is that, my cousin's husband is WHITE, lol, but he and his family is cool.

Anyways, The church is full of white people except for my cousin and the priest (yes, the priest is Koreon)

Weird..

K, I'm done.

Sixpac, first of all, congrats for being a Godfather! Little girl or little boy? And your post made me laugh! Ahhhh, "church biddies" (which can be male or female!).....as aggravating as they can be, one can't help but see humor in their behavior.

My daughter's boss is Indian and always gets asked where he's from. He answers, "Ann Arbor, Michigan" :D After all, he was born there! Daughter keeps telling him that he should answer like Saturday Night Live's Coneheads--"from France"--and really make 'em wonder :D

Bet it was a beautiful service with the ladies wearing Sarees (I don't know how to spell it either). They are so beautiful, I love the fabrics.

Liz

yeah sixpacgenius, unfortunately the world is still riddled with people like that and it's not with just one race. i've gotten the same reaction over seas and i notice it here too. i wish that some people would just grow up. an what's sad is that other times when i thought that people were ignoring me or trying to stay away from me because i was a fat sterotypical looking american it turned out that i smelt bad and didn't notice that i sat in something.

Keep in mind some people mean NO harm whatsoever, they're just not familiar with people different from themselves. If someone walked in wearing clothes they rarely see or if they pulled up in a nicer car than they're used to seeing they might react in a similar fashion.