Post Your Desktop?

My triple monitor setup

I have my main display in the middle (19" CRT) with a 17" LCD to the right and an older 17" CRT to the left. I use a cool little program called UltraMon to add separate taskbars to the two peripheral monitors. It works really well because each monitor essentially becomes a separate desktop (similar to the multiple desktop function found in Gnome and KDE for Linux). The only problem is the heat factor. Having three monitors on one desk creates a lot of heat and sometimes raises the room temp. by a few degrees.

Edited by Da5id
  • Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like your wallpaper. Very futuristic!

So tell me, when you take screenshots using the PRINT-SCREEN key, is the screenshot taken from the screen where the mouse is located or does it compound what is on all 3 monitors? Using UltraMon, is it possible to set a different wallpaper for each monitor?

So tell me, when you take screenshots using the PRINT-SCREEN key, is the screenshot taken from the screen where the mouse is located or does it compound what is on all 3 monitors?

Print screen compounds all three monitors.

Using UltraMon, is it possible to set a different wallpaper for each monitor?

Yes, in fact ultramon has a lot of cool features that really increase the usefulness of multiple monitors. As far as wallpaper goes, you can either use the same one on each monitor (like the screenshot above), use a different one on each monitor, or span a really large wallpaper across all the monitors.

example

example

Edited by Da5id

I have been busy installing XP on a new larger hard drive. I have tested many programs and now have decided what ones will get installed. I figured I would get a start on a new look first. I installed the Zune theme.

StormDesktop.jpg

Edited by TheTerrorist_75

Nice work Handplane, Arachnid.....very nice!!

Here are a few....Blue

Clicker

Heart

I'm giving Terragen2 Preveiw another try....rendering is verrrrrry sloooooow, even with the preveiw window....or it's my computer... :blush: Still working out some area's yet. Hope to get something soon.

Also just started working with DAZ Studio.....so far it's great....but still trying to see what does what and there is a lot of functions to play around with. :wacko:

Well after a few hours of reading a manual and testing I managed to get a raw image from Terragen 2 Preview...

Rendering is very slow...plus learning the functions...makes it a bit hard.

Here is a first attempt with nothing to special...this was a first run test...

Test 1 This took about 37 min. on Quick Render.

Test 2 This took 5 hours. 29 min. 53 sec. with very little additional textures added to the the mountains. There sure is a lot you can do with it though so far. I'm anticipating the final release is going to be really good.

I suppose it's also good to note that my system is not the fastest and considered old (about 5 yrs.), also not intended for intense graphics... :blush:

Thanks Handplane....

Well I found some trees that I imported into Terragen 2, I wanted to keep everything in this landscape as simple as possible so I could see what the results would look like. The preview window doesn't give much detail therefore rendering the picture has to be done.

This demo on "Quick Render" took about 2 hours. Tree Test

Finally decided to change my wallpaper on my main rig. Still the same character though. Rena from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (Released in the US as When They Cry)

rena1.jpg

rena.jpg

An e-buddy of mine got bored one day and made this pic so I decided to mod it a little so my car could be above the start bar and made it my wallpaper. You shoulda seen the killer pic he made of this other TennSpeed member's supra. Oh it was cool.

Boy this pic was before I "restored" my headlights and they look horrible. Too bad cause it was an otherwise awesome pic I took of it.

*Forgot to mention that this is my laptop

hatchdesktop.jpg

Edited by Honda_Boy

Honda Boy.....cool car :thumbsup: My daughter hopes to get a Honda Civic someday :matrix:....Cool desktop also!!

Dragon....very nice work....I like the one with the Eagles!!

I was curious as to how high I could get with Terragen 2 ......I guess it can go pretty high...lol

Upper Atmosphere

Oh now thats just great.....is that weeds in my garden...aaarrrgh... <_<

I'm test driving a new wallpaper. I may end up goin back to my old one. I'm tryin to see if I really like this one.

RozenMaidenShinku.jpg

You may have noticed that red is quite a dominant color on my main desktop. That's mostly cause of the blood in the last 2 wallpapers. When I find a new theme I like, I'll start usin other colors.