Post Your Desktop?

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just want to say. My hats off to all of you posting your creations here. You all are doing unbelievable work. I'm very impressed with everyones work. Great job all of you.

Woah! nice!

How'd you get the camera up there? (Setting z?)

dk

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi dk

Sometimes I just position the camera(with left click on mouse) on top of a mountain and check the preview to have a look. I will also right click and pan a view until I find something I like. Oh and if you get a rock in front of you, I just move the camera ahead a little and hang off the cliff to view a shot. :lol:

This maybe a little dated but have you seen this tutorial?

Tutorial

Hey dk.....looking good!! :thumbsup: Real nice... :D

Hi arachnid....Thats a neat one!!

"Very nice, have you played around with the sculpting tool yet"?

Michael

Thanks arachnid and yes I have tried the sculpting tool. I got some cool and sometimes some pretty bizarr effects with that.

Question:Although when I get an image with Terragen, then put the image through Gimp and add something, I then tried to open the same image back with Terragen but it won't go or I can't find it. Sometimes Terragen says it can't open or won't. I've tried leaving the image as a .bmp or a .jpeg file extention but Terragen refuses. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or Terragen just doesn't do this anyway.

Also.... have you tried this for Terragen: TGPGuiLib for Terragen

It's kind of dated I see but I've been sorta checking it out along with the water plugin that will work with TGPGuiLib. I haven't tried it yet.... :lol:

Oh hey guess what....I've found a real big discovery. There actually is "water on Mars".

Red Planet

:lol::lol: ...gotta get a hold of NASA.... :lol:

Ok...took the check mark out of "sky" after creating this image then then ran the "render image" in Terragen. Opened it up in Gimp, added the stars and put the super nova and planet to match the reflections on the water and changed the picture to .jpeg.

Clicky Click

Thanks arachnid....followed your tip and payed attention with planning on lighting, shadows and reflections. Some of these can consume a bit of time can't they with trying all the different ways to change, add or subtract all the textures to work with. And yet I know I'm only scratching the surface with these programs. You wouldn't believe how many I've discarded and then start over... :lol: And yet some ideas can develope in no time. :wacko:

• 1 month later...