• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's why I have all the icons;

1) 29.5 GB left out of 120 GB

A) I play a lot of different games and often have LAN partys with friends over the weekends

C) My sisters on here when I'm not

42) If you saw my room you'd understand why I can stand clutter

Edited by SN3AK

desktop.jpg

Yeah mine is pretty freakin cluttered especially cause I run at 800x600 (my family's been usin that res for 7 years so were kinda used to it) I have a load of games and that is not even all that are installed (there's like 2 you can't see) and nowhere near all the games I own (some are just insults to my sidewinder's power)

Wow! I love those planes! Please tell us the story behind the shot.

Even though everyone's used to the old resolution I recommend bumping it up. It does take some time to get used to, but the benefits FAR outweigh any difficulity in adjusting.

Hope you saw the Windows shortcut mentioned in tips&tricks: Pressing the first letter of the icon you wish to select -- I still can't comprehend having to look at that many icons! :lol:

story behind the planes

here i'll give you a hint look through my icons and then the logo in the corner of my screen. most of my icons are grouped together on what kind of game and what series (demos are all together too even).

I downloaded it from Chachazz' link but haven't tried it yet. They look great rv, guess I will have to test drive it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did the same robroy, got it from Chachazz post in software updates. Just started to check it out yesterday. Haven't went to much into it yet and checking some tutorials also. It's cool though.

Can't seem to find anyway to make the images JPEG yet.

Seems that Terragen does BMP only I think. So I've been opening the Terragen image in Gimp then save as JPEG. :lol:

Oh and while I was in Gimp I open the Terragen image I did and then used Gimp to add some effects... :lol:

Terragimp

Edited by rv56

hmmmm i don't suppose anyone will take a stab at it ah well my background believe it or not is a 3D Render made by the Forgotten Hope Team. Forgotten Hope is my favorite BF1942 mod. The planes are B-17's. It was pretty much the only background me and my dad could agree on. (It's my PC but it's the main PC that everyone uses) We both like the B-17.

Forgotten Hope Homepage

You can find the wallpapers in the Media section.

Its nothing much but I like it. The samurize client up in the corner is quite useful. Its Digo 5.0.

desktop.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

samurize?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its like Konfabulator. Iv never used konfabulator before so I dont know how customizeable it is but with samurize you can build your client from scratch. You can make your own scripts, design, meters etc etc. Or you can download sombody elses and modify it to your liking..

I use mine for system information. HDD space, System temps, Cpu usage and stuff like that. I also have a little RSS feed snuggled in there.

OK, you get my official seal of approval:

sealofapproval3cx.jpg

<edit> Ok, seriously. I love the background graphic, I could live with that many (or is it few?) icons, and I certainly love the on-screen calendar. I was going to ask you about that earlier, what it is, where to get it, but then I remembered: I don't like clutter. I'll stick with the taskbar calendar. :)

Edited by JDoors

This Terragen is cool... :D

Now if I can find how to get the terrain to grow grass or get snow on the mountain ranges. I see there are plugins to activate but there are none. Must be a place to get them to add more to the Terragen program. I'll do some checking I guess. :blush:

Anyway....I call this Canyon Lake

Hey that would be so cool arachnid40......I'll send e-mail through PM... :D

Ummm....I may need instructions on how to get them into the Terragen program or will the go there automatically? :unsure:

edit: PM has been sent to ya arachnid40 :thumbsup:

Thanks Bubba Bob....glad you liked the pic.

I'm a noob at this and trying to learn and figure out these programs... :lol:

Edited by rv56