Post Your Desktop?

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks! I'm glad you guys like it! It's actually from my newest favorite Anime called Witch Hunter Robin.

yup....great anime...kinda leaves you hanging at the end, all mysterious and all....don't want to describe it for those who want to but haven't watched it yet....

Hi arachnid40........

Just had a visit at your site.....wow....some really nice creations you've made.

Excellent pic's(wallpaper's)..... B)

There's something about pic's of space and other worlds I find intriguing... :rolleyes:

Those Images are incredible.

Would it be imposing if I used one of those images and manipulated it to something further, adding some extra graphics or words?

I don't want to infringe on anything you have done or what anyone else has done, but for a few of the space images i could add just a little bit more to make it just a tad more spectacular... :)

• 2 weeks later...

All these desktops are awesome! I'm an artist but the only way I could do what you folks do is to draw something and tape it to the computer :P

I so want to add teletubbies to the Windows "green grass hill" desktop!

Thanks for posting them and keep them coming--I have had a great time looking. Liz

Hi Arachnid!!

Wow!!! That is so cool! Thank you, thank you, thank you :) I feel like a kid at Christmas!

Now, how do I get that onto my desktop? (kindergarten tech level here) Son knows how to do this but I want to do this myself and surprise the kids when they turn the idiot box on.(at least make them groan, "Ohhhhh Mom...")

Heeheehee... I'm so excited :) Thanks again!

Liz

Liz, open the link then right click on the picture, click save image as then choose a folder to save it to.

On your desktop right click away from any iconsthen select Properties

click on the background tab if that isn't the one on top, click on browse, then go to the folder where you saved the picture and select the picture. then click on apply, then ok and the picture should be there as the background

Well thanks to Arachnid's Design and Robroy's Instructions, I have a really cool CUSTOM desktop! Oh, and I forgot to post earlier, due to being uh...a little excited, Arachnid, I love it! And I can't wait for the kids to see it ;)

I'd post it but---just click the "For Blim" link :) (Yeah, I don't know how to post desktops, either, but that's ok, I don't need to know yet. Still trying to get links done right!)

Liz

some art donated to my Linux Distro by TICTOC..

snapshot2.jpg

I'll get some better pictures soon to show his work off.

here is my boring solaris 10. but I kind of like the Java Desktop.

solaris10.png

Here's my desktop nothing to fancy or outrageous, I can't have half naked women on my desktop (get's jealous :angry: ) (Parent's fault) well here it is

http://img127.echo.cx/my.php?image=desktop1tl.jpg

P.S. If you know of anyother wallpapers like the one I have can you tell me where I can find it, I use themexp.org but some great wallpapers want you to install software with spyware on it so I can't use those :(

i hate you guys. i've been watching this thread and really enjoying the desktop images you've been making. i've stuck with the same desktop image that i made for about 6 years. now thanks you guys, especially Arachnid, Robroy, Mikex, and Michael, i feel the need the need to make a new one. once i start i don't stop until i've created the fabric of space in digital form from scratch. :rolleyes:

seriously i've enjoyed the images that you've shared. thank you guys. -_-

here is my progress for the day.

First Attempt

Second Attempt

Third Attempt

The Third Desktop is pretty sweet there Mac. They are all pretty good and beyond my abilities, but the third one just has that look of elegance

yeah i do these things in weird stages so i figured that it would be kinda neat to show that.

the first one we just playing with the idea of what i wanted.

the second one was like a rough draft.

the third one was like the final rough draft of the first attempt.

i don't quite like it enough to replace my current desktop so attempt #1 - failed

now for attempt # 2 ---- to be posted by the end of the day