hi all have a read of this i recieved from a friend

it hasent come here yet

or is it a hoax

the sender is a genuine person

and emails me quite often

if any one pointa a cell phone at me ile get my pepper spray

cell phone and give them a blast

marty

found this interesting. Nice that they show just how it works so anyone with a mind to do it can copy it. Scary Click on the attachment to see the demo..........

I just checked this out on Snopes and so can you:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/cellgun.htm

CELL PHONE GUNS

YOU MAY ALREADY BE AWARE OF THESE WEAPONS, BUT I THOUGHT I WOULD PASS IT ALONG ANYWAY. READ THIS AND THEN WATCH THE VIDEO CLIP.

IF YOU GET ASKED TO TEST YOUR CELL PHONE AT THE AIRPORT, THIS IS THE REASON. BECAUSE CELL PHONE GUNS HAVE BEEN DISCOVERED. THE ATTACHED VIDEO CLIP SHOWS HOW CELL PHONE GUNS OPERATE. THESE PHONES ARE NOT IN THE U.S. YET, BUT THEY ARE IN USE OVERSEAS. BENEATH THE DIGITAL PHONE FACE IS A .22 CALIBER HANDGUN CAPABLE OF FIRING FOUR ROUNDS IN RAPID SUCCESSION USING THE STANDARD TELEPHONE KEYPAD. EUROPEAN LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS ARE STUNNED BY THE DISCOVERY OF THESE DEADLY DECOYS.

THEY SAY PHONE GUNS ARE CHANGING THE RULES OF ENGAGEMENT IN EUROPE . "WE FIND IT VERY ALARMING," SAYS WOLFGANG DICKE OF THE GERMAN POLICE UNION . "IT MEANS POLICE WILL HAVE TO DRAW THEIR WEAPONS WHENEVER A PERSON BEING CHECKED REACHES FOR THEIR CELL PHONE."

ALTHOUGH CELL PHONE GUNS HAVE NOT REACHED THE U.S. YET, THE FBI, BUREAU OF AL! COHOL, TOBACCO AND FIREARMS AND THE U.S. CUSTOMS SERVICE SAY THEY HAVE BEEN BRIEFED ON THE NEW WEAPONS. ALL U.S.

PORTS OF ENTRY HAVE BEEN ALERTED. THESE COVERT WEAPONS WERE FIRST DISCOVERED IN OCTOBER OF 2000 WHEN DUTCH POLICE CAME UPON A CACHE DURING A DRUG RAID IN AMSTERDAM.

IN ANOTHER RECENT INCIDENT, A CROATIAN GUN DEALER WAS CAUGHT ATTEMPTING TO SMUGGLE A SHIPMENT THROUGH SLOVENIA INTO WESTERN EUROPE. POLICE SAY BOTH SHIPMENTS ARE BELIEVED TO HAVE ORIGINATED IN YUGOSLAVIA! .. INTERPOL SENT A WARNING TO LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES AROUND THE WORLD. "IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW THEY WERE GUNS, YOU WOULD THINK THEY WERE CELL PHONES," SAID ARI ZANDBERGEN, A SPOKESPERSON FOR THE AMSTERDAM POLICE. "ONLY WHEN YOU HAVE ONE IN YOUR HAND DO YOU REALIZE THAT THEY ARE HEAVIER THAN A REGULAR CELL PHONE."

BE PATIENT IF SECURITY ASKS TO LOOK AT YOUR CELL PHONE OR TURN IT ON TO SHOW THAT IT WORKS. THEY HAVE A GOOD REASON!

SEE DEMONSTRATION IN ATTACHMENT,

PS: Just double click on above titled "Attach."

(See attached file: Cell-Gun.mpg)

Edited by martymas

I watched the video several times...it's not a very good video but it seems all 4 shell came out of the antenna thingy..maybe someone else can see better...there is not enough room for the shells to move about... I would believe 1 shot.

it says in the article that all shots come out of the antenna.

maybe I need someone to explain the logic to me.

Edited by bearskin

yes the first thing i thought of was a hoax

bill if a pretty reliable friend

so im sure it isnt him who is having us on

you notice the article says europe

and not the usa.

so maybe it is true

but it sure is scarry

yes i played the video 7-8 times

but on face value

it seems genuine

bill posts here at times

he has come from the old techtv days

marty

I watched the video several times...it's not a very good video but it seems all 4 shell came out of the antenna thingy..maybe someone else can see better...there is not enough room for the shells to move about... I would believe 1 shot.

it says in the article that all shots come out of the antenna.

maybe I need someone to explain the logic to me.

I think they are assuming that it shoots out the antenna,based on teh vid clip. however, I did some of my own research on this. It turns out that the entire top of the phone is the barrel. the rounds don't move around, they shoot out of the top to the phone. The rounds each have their own barrel, the opening are disguised with little plastic caps that are recessed so it doens't appear abnormal looking.

The rounds each have their own barrel, the opening are disguised with little plastic caps that are recessed so it doens't appear abnormal looking.

Well that's a great design. You aren't going to hurt the plane with a .22 but you might just lose a finger when the obstruction in the barrel causes the gun to explode upon firing. I didn't know that ACME was into small arms.