Strange Errors Message Spybot S&d 1.3

Hi all,

I just updated S&D and ran a scan.

It found the following error:

Error during check!

Cabrotor [Datei C:Windows\win.ini kann nicht geoffnet werden. The pro...

What in the world is this? I tried uninstalling and reinstall, but I get the same above message.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this. I'm concerned that the scanning will not be accurate.

Thanks .

Cabrotor is a BackDoor Trojan program, please follow these directions.

Scan here Symantec Security Check

Then d'load HijackThis and put it into a folder you create so mit will create backups. Then update it right away, then scan with HijackThis and save the logfile.

Post the logfile into the HijackThis Forum and we'll have a look at it.

Dave

Hi Chappy,

I just ran the Symantec Check and it red-checked the antivirus product scan and the antivirus definition scan.

I'm not worried about these being that I have Avast antivirus and just received a update today.

I'll click on the Hijack This link and follow your directions. I'll post it in the HiJackThis Forum.

Thanks

I am sure glad it was an error on Spybot's end and not on our computers.

I think my blood pressure went up after that came up on my scan, even though my Norton scan was clean. Rather dreaded today, thinking I would have to learn how to do the HJT log thing, and nearsightedly take the advice of the experts to try to fix whatever. Am glad that isn't necessary now! Whew!!! :rolleyes:

God bless everyone.

Hi all,

I just updated S&D and ran a scan.

It found the following error:

Error during check!

Cabrotor [Datei C:Windows\win.ini kann nicht geoffnet werden.  The pro...

What in the world is this?  I tried uninstalling and reinstall, but I get the same above message.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this.  I'm concerned that the scanning will not be accurate.

Thanks .

I got the same message, and was wondering what the heck is this. I just deleted it and hoped for the best. I felt pretty confident that I was not infected with anything, as Norton scanned and came up with nothing.

Glad to hear it is fixed, Thanks for letting us know.

Barb :D