i saw a programe(speed gear) in the internet...its said it can increase the pc speed up tp 200%

i download it and use it for couple of hours...(i only set the speed to 150%)

and now!!

the biggest problem come!!!!

my pc will rebot at anytime!!

goto internet for 10 mins...it rebot

watch dvd for 5 mmins...it rebot

or even just start the computer ( not even load in the windows) it rebot....

is anyone know wt happen to my pc and can i fix it???

Try taking the case off and use a fan to blow air inside. It sounds like a heat issue. My guess is that the program may of overclocked the CPU??? Im not sure though. Look in BIOS and find what the voltage is set at for your CPU core.

(btw FX this is rofl from TOK)

wow man good to c u here :)

thx for the advense man

I can't believe you fell for that crap. There is no miracle way to speed a CPU up. You can tweak settings,etc...and this is probably all the program does. In your case,it probably tweaked something really bad.

You didn't ,by chance,back up your registry first,did you?

god damn it

i had learn my lesson >.<

yep i did the registry for that programe

I can't believe you fell for that crap. There is no miracle way to speed a CPU up. You can tweak settings,etc...and this is probably all the program does. In your case,it probably tweaked something really bad.

god damn it

It sounds like the same as "FREE SPYWARE KILLER" or "FREE VIRUS HUNTER" and all the crap that actually puts viruses and spyware on it.

9 times out of 10 (or maybe 99 out of 100) Free means catch

god damn it

well we all live and learn. A few years back when I still had dial-up I tried one of those web accelerator apps. All it did was make graphics and pics fuzzy. I couldn't tell a tit from a toenail. That lasted one hour.

god damn it

well we all live and learn. A few years back when I still had dial-up I tried one of those web accelerator apps. All it did was make graphics and pics fuzzy. I couldn't tell a tit from a toenail. That lasted one hour.

That's about right, God knows I've messed up enough things on my computer - that's why i fix them now

You too? 4 years ago I was content to just surf the net and let others worry about my computer. Then I had a crash and lost everything.Very important data,pics,etc. decided right then and there that it wasn't going to happen again. So I read all I could,asked questions from everyone,got some old PC's to practice on...and now everyone comes to me when they need help.The last crash I had (a few months ago) I didn't lose a single bit of data.

god damn it

It sounds like the same as "FREE SPYWARE KILLER" or "FREE VIRUS HUNTER" and all the crap that actually puts viruses and spyware on it.

9 times out of 10 (or maybe 99 out of 100) Free means catch

Thats why when I want a free program, I search for 'open source'. never been burned yet. There are people out there who create programs for the fun of it...and don't expect a thing back.

Shareware used to be nice...now it just means 'I share the program with you,you share your money with me."

just a thought here...I keep a test machine around just for that purpose...anything I download goes on the test machine first and I keep a very close eye on any reg. changes...I know that not everyone can afford a test machine but mine was free.

Ok well he fixed that part of his problem by removing the motherboard battery for a while but now he has a new one. His motherboard alarm is going off. Iv given him the basic reasons like CPU fan not turing, misplaced card, Power not properly plugged in. Am I missing any?

Edited by Sir_Siddy
Ok well he fixed that part of his problem by removing the motherboard battery for a while but now he has a new one. His motherboard alarm is going off. Iv given him the basic reasons like CPU fan not turing, misplaced card, Power not properly plugged in. Any im missing?

Bad motherboard, Bad processor, bad memory

Ok well he fixed that part of his problem by removing the motherboard battery for a while but now he has a new one. His motherboard alarm is going off. Iv given him the basic reasons like CPU fan not turing, misplaced card, Power not properly plugged in. Any im missing?

By resetting the Cmos his CPU temperature warning level is back to default. Have him check the setting and also check to see what the temperature of his CPU is. Also make sure the FSB and vcore settings are correct for his CPU. If the voltage is too high it may cause the CPU to run hotter.