Computer Not Detectind Cdrom Drives

My other computer is notdetecting my CDRom drives Drives, It all started when me and my friend wanted to format my other pc and so we downloaded Partition Magic 8 and formated the computer but when we put the WinXP CD in and tried to format the PC it wouldn't detect the cdrom drive well the WinXP CD inside it and I get a black screen that says "NTLDR is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart and I do and still the samething over and over. Also I can't go into safemode but I can go into the BIOS PLZZZ show me what to do, I'm in REAL HOT WATER. I just want to format my drive and install XP nothing else.

what have you done to try to get into the bios?

most systems put up a text message about what key to hit during the pre-windows boot process.

perhaps your bios is password protected, in which case, you will need to clear the cmos settings by either using the bios reset jumper or pulling the cmos battery for about twenty minutes.

all you described about using PM 8 and then lack of booting from hard drive is normal. you will need to set the bios to boot from the cd so you can run the XP install.