I think that my Start>Run commands are disabled because when I go to Start>Run and type in msinfo32 nothing happens and on my friends computer and my other computer it works why is this? Also when I type in things like tree and help it shows up for a sec than disappears. So can you gus show me how to enable this.

to use the run box and the prompt command .shouldnt go to start-run type cmd

at the prompt type what ever command you need.can you get the run option

you can enable it in the R-C start button properties =start menu=customisr advanced and check the run option- apply

i cant seem to get any result from the command msinfo32

what is it .when your in the command prompt try help?

marty

The run command was on before and still is, so if I get it straigt you want me to go to Start>Run type cmd than (i.e.) msinfo ? I tried that and it doesn't work it says it's not a recognized command. If I try Start>Run and type msinfo I see my mouse's sand timer for about 1 sec than nothing happens why is this happening? Also Does this happen to you or does it work? :huh:

yes you are right start run -type msinfo32 -enter

funny i went there and tho the appli came up it said there was an error on accessing it .so i need to find out why.but ile get back

marty

YES start -run -type -msinfo32- does work but on mine sys it says with errors

buggered if i know why

marty