hi team are we losing members.some of the original posters arnt posting like they used to.or is ir me.we need to keep this site on focus.it is a good site and helpful

i go to g4 and world start now and then but come back here.but we dont seem to be getting the membership.so it is up to us to make others are aware of the site .

ive directed 2 friends here.who have nt belonged to a help board before .

and they think it is great.

so come on guys what can we do about it

marty

I have put a link and an ad on my site to BTs here. And have mentioned the boards to others on other boards. Yes we have some VERY good people here. Some of the old TTVs Best of the Best. It's not easy to find the ones who need the help and to get them here. But I think we are all trying to do that.

I have put a link and an ad on my site to BTs here. And have mentioned the boards to others on other boards. Yes we have some VERY good people here. Some of the old TTVs Best of the Best. It's not easy to find the ones who need the help and to get them here. But I think we are all trying to do that.

I have done the same as Jsky. I not only have a link to B's site on mine, but I also have mentioned this place to several people.

Me too Nerelda. I've trolled for members at other sites. We are very fortunate to have jcl here; I invited him to come over from G4. I've also got a link to Besttechie.net on my home page. Let's just spread the good word. Besttechie.net is a great digital home for us.

We are very fortunate to have jcl here; I invited him to come over from G4.

Unfortunately the first thing I did was get in an argument with K (stupid G4TTV instincts) and he seems to have since vanished, so we only broke even :) I've been thinking about nudging uberpenguin, but he made it pretty clear that he doesn't have the time.

To be honest, I'm sort of afraid to advertise more widely and accidentally compromise the quality of these boards. As much as I'd like to see more traffic in the Linux boards (*hinthint*), I really don't want to see a lot of questions about PHLAK and endless "Why should I use Linux?" threads. Let alone the messes we sometimes had on the TTV boards. It's selfish, I know.

Edited by jcl
We are very fortunate to have jcl here; I invited him to come over from G4.

Unfortunately the first thing I did was get in an argument with K (stupid G4TTV instincts) and he seems to have since vanished, so we only broke even :) I've been thinking about nudging uberpenguin, but he made it pretty clear that he doesn't have the time.

To be honest, I'm sort of afraid to advertise more widely and accidentally compromise the quality of these boards. As much as I'd like to see more traffic in the Linux boards (*hinthint*), I really don't want to see a lot of questions about PHLAK and endless "Why should I use Linux?" threads. Let alone the messes we sometimes had on the TTV boards. It's selfish, I know.

Hi jcl,

Yeah, I also invited uberpenguin; he expressed mild interest, but, also mentioned that he didn't have the time what with his engineering courses at university. I'm hopeful that at some point he'll also come on board.

I also had a scrap with K, so maybe it was me, jcl.

I'm very happy here with the quality of people that're present. People here are happy, polite. There isn't the tension that is present at other boards. We're lucky to be here.

This board will continue to naturally grow I think.

thanks for the replys team .im limited in enticing posters here because i dont have a site and i wonder between boards trying to coerce posters. recently i talked 2 members here and one turned out to be from nz like me so i acheived some thing for his sake id like to keep his name anon.but he goes betewwn boards and ends up here.

so i agree we must not let this board fade away.i like it here so i can relax .

i got into a war of words with some one who disagreed with me.and started slanging instead of talking it out with reason.over the use of cookies .

i learned the cookiy thing from people like pete, chappy, goliath.ect form techtv cfh

so wasnt going to back down.

ive since recieved a pm appoligising for our we thing .tho ide forgotten about it once ide signed off .so yes we must keep this board going.like some one says there are dam good people here starting with beluga.

you take care

marty

Yeah, I also invited uberpenguin; he expressed mild interest, but, also mentioned that he didn't have the time what with his engineering courses at university.  I'm hopeful that at some point he'll also come on board.

I'm taking another run at him right now.

Nah, it was me :)

Yeah, I also invited uberpenguin; he expressed mild interest, but, also mentioned that he didn't have the time what with his engineering courses at university.  I'm hopeful that at some point he'll also come on board.

All Right, You both did good. I see uberpenguin has just added his name to the list. Good Job!!!

All Right, You both did good. I see uberpenguin has just added his name to the list. Good Job!!!

Sweet! I just saw that uberpenguin has signed up. We Unix/Linux users are very fortunate to now have both jcl and uberpenguin here.

These two guys put up with my mundane n00b questions over two years ago when I was getting into *nix.

These two dudes rule. :D

I'm glad to hear that someone else had a run in with K. I'm going to go to G4 and invite him back. We got into a political debate, quite silly really. He's a good guy.

acrually it was me who talked sultan into comming here sooner than\n he was ready i kept sending him pms .from g4 and world start.

at the moment he has dissapeared has any one seen a post from him in the last 2 days.at one stage he was posting like a madman.

but he seems to have devoloped lockjaw .lately

handy man to have on any board .

marty

acrually it was me who talked sultan into comming here sooner than\n he was ready i kept sending him pms .from g4 and world start.

at the moment he has dissapeared has any one seen a post from him in the last 2 days.at one stage he was posting like a madman.

marty

Sultan is the one who sent me here....I love this site and I have recommended it....I'm sure he's just been busy lately...He is awesome and been so much help!!

marty

Sultan is the one who sent me here....I love this site and I have recommended it....I'm sure he's just been busy lately...He is awesome and been so much help!!

Welcome to Besttechie.net! This is my favorite forum on the Internet. I've found all members here to be very civil, polite. This is a great place to hang out.

Welcome to Besttechie.net! This is my favorite forum on the Internet. I've found all members here to be very civil, polite. This is a great place to hang out.

Agreed.

Welcome Darrenkook,and uberpenguin,hope you feel at ease here. :)

I want to add my welcome to the new members too. I hope they like it here as well as we all do.

As for inviting others, I have done that on both Leoville and G4 boards, but being careful of who I invite. I want the board to grow, but continue to be peaceful. I hope that doesn't make me a snob??? :rolleyes:

God bless everyone.

Welcome to all the new members. Please post as often as you can. I love it here! heeehehe... late night posting, i love it. Well as for me, I have been posting at Tom Coyote(in the classroom), not so much as want to here, because I do have a restuarant to manage. Hahaha