hey guys , (btw i got my comp workin fine now , the graphics card just wasnt reacting well with my comp) anyways ya i go on some sites ( we could go on and stuff but im just gonna stick to sites lol) anyways i cant get them off of my url address bar in internet explorer and ive tried going to folders and making everything visable and clearing out my history , cookies , my temporary internet files ( online and off) , my recent folder , and my temp folder but they are still there plz help

get firefox but if you dont want to this is what you do go to internet explorer options in the internet options window select the content tab then select the AutoComplete button in that window checkmark all the boxes and then select clear forms press OK and clear passwords pres OK then OK again all done no more info and and under the general tab you should check mark the delete all offline content in the delete files window

hey guys , (btw i got my comp workin fine now , the graphics card just wasnt reacting well with my comp) anyways ya i go on some sites ( we could go on and stuff but im just gonna stick to sites lol) anyways i cant get them off of my url address bar in internet explorer and ive tried going to folders and making everything visable and clearing out my history , cookies , my temporary internet files ( online and off) , my recent folder , and my temp folder but they are still there plz help

If IE have you tried Tools/Internet Options/Content Tab~Auto Complete Take all 3 checks out of all 3 boxes and click OK then go back and click Clear History, Delete TIF and Cookies. See if they are still some there now. You can put a check back in the first box if you want to now.

Far+Beyond+Entoxicated...

Microsoft Windows users running Microsoft Internet Explorer can delete their history files by clicking the "Tools" menu, "Internet Options", and clicking the "Delete Files" button. Users also have the option of automatically deleting files each time the close they browser window by clicking the "Advanced" tab and checking "Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed" under the "Security" section.

wannabe1

Edited by wannabe1

With IE go to Tools > Internet Options > General tab. I set the Days to keep pages in History to 0. You can clean that day's History by clicking on the History button. In fact at the end of the day I click on the Delete Cookies, Delete Files (including offline) and History buttons. I aslo open Explorer and check my Temp folder to see if any new additions are there and delete them. I then run AdAware SE.

I rarely use IE but still follow this routine even after using Opera all day. It is a good habit to get into. If I notice Panda alerting me during the day I also run a scan for virus/Trojan activity to double check at the end of the day.

If you plan on using IE create a host file. You can obtain a decent one at the following link.

http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

Also install IE-Spyad

Edited by TheTerrorist_75

use crap cleaner its free and works great http://ccleaner.com/

CCleaner is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. But the best part is that it's fast (normally taking less that a second to run) and contains NO Spyware or Adware! :)

Cleans the following:

Internet Explorer

Temporary files, URL history, cookies, Autocomplete form history, index.dat.

Firefox

Temporary files, URL history, cookies, download history.

Windows

Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files and Log files.

Registry cleaner

Advanced features to remove unused and old entries, including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more... also comes with a comprehensive backup feature.

Third-party applications

Removes temp files and recent file lists (MRUs) from many apps including Opera, Media Player, eMule, Kazaa, Google Toolbar, Netscape, MS Office, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and many more...

100% Spyware FREE

This software does NOT contain any Spyware, Adware or Viruses.

CCleaner is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. But the best part is that it's fast (normally taking less that a second to run) and contains NO Spyware or Adware! :)

Cleans the following:

Internet Explorer

Firefox

Windows

Registry cleaner

Advanced features to remove unused and old entries, including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more... also comes with a comprehensive backup feature.

Third-party applications

Removes temp files and recent file lists (MRUs) from many apps including Opera, Media Player, eMule, Kazaa, Google Toolbar, Netscape, MS Office, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and many more...

100% Spyware FREE

If used wrong it can disable your system.

Cleans the following:

Internet Explorer

Firefox

Windows

Registry cleaner

Third-party applications

100% Spyware FREE

I been using this program for couple of weeks, and I wanted to know what you meant by it can "disable" your system

Cleans the following:

Internet Explorer

Firefox

Windows

Registry cleaner

Third-party applications

100% Spyware FREE

I been using this program for couple of weeks, and I wanted to know what you meant by it can "disable" your system

I use it but I don't use the Advance section. Also beware when you use the registry cleaner, it'll find more links from uninstalling programs. However; some of them belong to the XP system restore function. If you delete everything, it'll render your system restore points useless when you need it. I learnt that lesson well.