I am sorry for this rant but I must be missing something. I was channel surfing today and came accross TSS and my mind is a little confused. More than usual :huh: and as I was scratching my head I was wandering what the heck was going on. Hmmm a technology based show that I used to love and they're now reviewing TV Dinners? :blink: Then as I began to pound my head into the wall and repeating "what the heck are they thinking" :wacko: I realalized that maybe I am just missing something. Could someone please tell me what's going on.

I am sorry for this rant but I must be missing something. I was channel surfing today and came accross TSS and my mind is a little confused. More than usual  :huh: and as I was scratching my head I was wandering what the heck was going on. Hmmm a technology based show that I used to love and they're now reviewing TV Dinners?  :blink: Then as I began to pound my head into the wall and repeating "what the heck are they thinking" :wacko:  I realalized that maybe I am just missing something. Could someone please tell me what's going on.

I saw the same episode briefly yesterday........for about three minutes and quickly surfed to another channel. It's very easy to explain in my opinion. TSS has lost a lot of the content, quality that was present in the past. They're trying to fill the show with mindless @#*^ that'll appeal to a certain demographic.

I'm not happy with the new format at all. TSS has lost a viewer. Me.

yeah i only watch bits and pieces here and there now. i just didn't realize that they had fallen so far. still kinda wish that they had hired me instead at least then it would've been more fun to watch. AHhh well. i hope they get back on track and forget about trying to switch to a whole new demographic before they start getting too gimmicky in a last attempt to get ratings.

mac

I have to agree with you. the show would be funnier, content my suck but it would be funny.

The poor saps @ G4 are suits trying to keep intouch with thier kids by runnig viewers of to better channels.

Hell HGTV is better than G4 at least I can learn something there. @ G4 I feel like the kid looking in the windows of stores @ christmas time, wanting but just can't get it.

M

i talked to a couple of old friends and from what they said that the G4 execs basically are trying to toss in anything that they can to get even younger viewers than now.

(shakes head side to side in pitty for the old TSS crew)

and pretty much all of the old crew have very little say in what they can do. so we really can't blame them for the content of the show. i thought that they still had more control over the show and were just being preasured to appeal to younger viewers. but it's aparently worse than i thought.

i don't know that's what they said. if you asked me i liked the way the show was in the old days. i could even live with it after Leo and Pat left. even a little bit after the move to LA but reviews of TV dinners. that just seems like such a waste of the crews time. your right how could they get much younger than now.

thank god i dont get the show.if thats the case.we in the southern hemisphere lost the show when they restructured i often wondered what sort of content

they displayed .since the change over.nut all i have to do is read this forum

and the posters tell me whats airing .

pity a great show has reverted back to.

show any thing mode

marty

thank god i dont get the show.if thats the case.we in the southern hemisphere lost the show when they restructured i often wondered what sort of content

they displayed .since the change over.nut all i have to do is read this forum

and the posters tell me whats airing .

pity a great show has reverted back to.

show any thing mode

marty

Yep, you're not missing a thing. The TSS that I knew and loved is gone.

I used to love the show for technical advice...When they merged with G4 there were so many complaints on other boards...many said to let them settle in and tweak the show...they tweaked it the wrong way....The only thing I can say good about the show is that when it was the old show it got me interested in the techie side of using my PC and joining great forums like this....I still check in once in a while, but can't stand that screaming idiot host they now have......

but can't stand that screaming idiot host they now have......

What? Don't tell me they hired Cris Pirillo? Just kidding, I think? :rolleyes:

I have not even looked at the channel since checking it out after the TTV takeover.

I hadn't watched TSS steady for about six months or a year before that either as I felt it was going downhill.

I still miss Call For Help. I learned alot from that show as a beginner at all this computer stuff. Maybe someday it will air again here.

God bless everyone.

I strongly believe it's only a matter of time before they sink like a rock. Will see I guess. Keep an eye to the advertisers. Should be interesting to see how many renew there contracts with that time slot. I can't see ware they did anything for their ratings. No, I don't have any numbers to back up that claim.

The difference between TV. and my line of work is a lot different, but in many ways the same. Myself, I am not on camera. They are.

A lot of people think whats being viewed is Kevin & Alex's doings. Maybe a small influence. But for the most part it is the producers.

It's been clear too me for sometime that G4/Comcast had no intentions on breaking up there game channel for a tech show. Not even if it was a 30 minute show.

If on the other hand the sponcers kicked & screamed they wanted a tech show, well money talks and BS. walks. Simple. But the complaints keep coming in over at G4 buy the hundreds daily.

It wont do any good. Who knows maybe in the future a TV station will pick up on a tech show of some sort. I miss TSS. & CFH. too as that is what got me started with computers.

I strongly believe it's only a matter of time before they sink like a rock.

Not as long as kids can't use google to find cheats.

Keep an eye to the advertisers. Should be interesting to see how many renew there contracts with that time slot.

Not as long as the target audience has a dollar.

It's been clear too me for sometime that G4/Comcast had no intentions on breaking up there game channel for a tech show. Not even if it was a 30 minute show.

AMEN

I miss TSS. & CFH. too as that is what got me started with computers.

Don't we all!

M

~ Hope springs eternal...

Like everyone else, I'm deeply disappointed in the current version of TSS, but until I'm certain that there's no hope for improvement, I'll continue to watch occasionally, and when appropriate, post my opinions and suggestions for change.

I'm still able to glean some enjoyment from reading the boards, since some of my favorite posters, (which include many of you), still post there.

And Shadow, granted your insights are valid, and you may prove to be accurate in your assessment of the complete demise of the show. But it's possible, since it's the only TTV show left, (and less than two months since the premiere) that they may allow us this one token show for the sake of the channel's name, and possibly, in time, comply to our continued cry for more tech content.

yeah i still watch once in a while, if there's nothing else on. hopefully one day they will find someone with enough guts and determination to give them a better direction and lead them there. if you think of it the only direction they get right now if from G4 execs and i don't see any sign of anyone challenging them.

yeah i know mabye i expect too much but that's what i think that they really need. yes that's only my opinion, cuase i've run a lot of things but i know little about television production.