Cd-r/rw Lifespan Study

It depends on the dye used. Interesting that Imation makes some of the longest lasting CDs. Keep them stored in a jewel case away from heat, light and the sun and they'll last quite awhile. Plus don't touch the recording surface with your dirty, greasy fingers.

CD-R Media Lifespan

CD-R Media Longevity

I've been usin this one Fujifilm CD-RW for like 3 years and I have had some memorexs that never worked right when I got them. That Fujifilm for the most part still works. some things, especially large files don't copy correctly from time to time.

Deppending on a lot of factors that may or may not be true.

It really deppends on the case I guess. I've had some CD-R's that barely lasted a year even when stored in near ideal conditions and were well taken care of. Others, are still fine after 5 years and i'll see what time brings :D haha.

OK, a dumb question....jsbowen's link recommended using "magnetic tapes"--are those cassette tapes?

And sending Terrorist's first link to my kids! They're always laughing at me when I am so careful to touch CDs only by the edges. They say, "they aren't vinyl records, Mommmmm" HA! Momma wins! :thumbsup: (heeheehee, it's soooo much fun to be right about something techy, then to rub it in their faces. Yeah, I'm just a little evil..What parent isn't? :rolleyes: )

Thank you!

Liz