Interested In Linux

it may be a acpi issue

at the first prompt at boot type this is

linux acpi=off

its right after teh system starts to boot, most people hit enter here to make it boot..

it may be a acpi issue

linux acpi=off

its right after teh system starts to boot, most people hit enter here to make it boot..

I tried that, but it didnt boot the Live CD, it started to install, I noticed because it asked how I wanted to partition. ^_^

Shall I try something different?

it may be a acpi issue

linux acpi=off

I tried that, but it didnt boot the Live CD, it started to install, I noticed because it asked how I wanted to partition. ^_^

Shall I try something different?

Are you sure you downloaded the live version, and not an install disk by mistake?

from the ubuntu website they will ship you 5 live and 5 install cd's to spread. guess what i'm giving out for christmas next year. lol

good luck, goman.

i'm having issues with mywireless canrd on this laptop.

M

from the ubuntu website they will ship you 5 live and 5 install cd's to spread. guess what i'm giving out for christmas next year. lol

good luck, goman.

i'm having issues with mywireless canrd on this laptop.

M

They ship more than 5 of each, or at least they used to, because I ordered like 50 total of them one time.

yes the minimum to be shipped is 5 which is what i have. I have 3 more of the 5.10 versions available is anyone might be interested in getting one faster. Just pm me with info to send you one.

I got one small question, didn't think it was worth making a new thread, Keep all the hardcore N00b stuff in one thread ^^ anyways

When i Use this LiveCD, i get all the way till it starts doin Something with Graphics, Then i get an Error Saying

"Failed to start the X server (your graphical interface) its likly hat it is not set up correctly would you like to veiw the x server output to diagnose the problem"

So when i click yes i see alot of "Starting "BLAH" and in the middle "Fatal: Error inserting sonypl. no suck device

So lost -_-

Edited by Naming is hard
I got one small question, didn't think it was worth making a new thread, Keep all the hardcore N00b stuff in one thread ^^ anyways

When i Use this LiveCD, i get all the way till it starts doin Something with Graphics, Then i get an Error Saying

"Failed to start the X server (your graphical interface) its likly hat it is not set up correctly would you like to veiw the x server output to diagnose the problem"

So when i click yes i see alot of "Starting "BLAH" and in the middle "Fatal: Error inserting sonypl. no suck device

So lost -_-

need more information ,, system spects? which livecd?