Lcd Projection Vs Dlp

Hello,

My families 52" big screen rear projection TV just broke. The screen is all weird and the repair man said it would be better to just get a new TV. So we are researching them. We get a discount from Panasonic sinch my father works for UPS. It is pretty big, around $1000. Now we saw 2 TV's we really like. One was a LCD projection TV and one was a DLP TV. The LCD projection TV is cheaper and has a rebate. The DLP TV is more expensive. BUT which one is better?

Thanks!

better is subjective..

LCD shines light through a LCD screen and as such has a lower contrast ratio

DLP uses a color wheel that light is reflected off a TI chip. its the same ideal the High level Fiber Routers and Switches use.. reflect light with tiny "mirrors" on a chip.

you should go look at DLP and see if you get the rainbow effect. if not I personaly think DLP gives a better picture as its not a zoomed lcd..

better is subjective..

LCD shines light through a LCD screen and as such has a lower contrast ratio

DLP uses a color wheel that light is reflected off a TI chip. its the same ideal the High level Fiber Routers and Switches use.. reflect light with tiny "mirrors" on a chip.

you should go look at DLP and see if you get the rainbow effect. if not I personaly think DLP gives a better picture as its not a zoomed lcd..

IMO go with the dlp which samsung make a great dlps

Sceeter32