how much is 1,200 in american? I dont think its very much, and it also depends on if you can salvage parts from another comp. Like if you have a perfectly good old DVD drive or HD u might not need a new one. And then u can spend more money on a better CPU/RAM/Vid card

1200cnd isnt much, i spent $4200 usd on a laptop.. that plays games, i get about 80fps in counter-stike source, so 1200 is a start

IEatHardDrives

you also forgot

Speakers

Screen(s)

Keyboards

Mouse http://www.atruereview.com/diamondback/index.php --top of the range mouse $60

Forget unbuffered memory, thats a load of crap you need registered buffered memory to go with that graphics card.

and you need a case with a powersupply....

You can make a gaming machine for 1200, but your not going to get a lot of quality for that.

Pierce

1200cnd isnt much, i spent $4200 usd on a laptop.. that plays games, i get about 80fps in counter-stike source, so 1200 is a start

IEatHardDrives

you also forgot

Speakers

Screen(s)

Keyboards

Mouse http://www.atruereview.com/diamondback/index.php --top of the range mouse $60

Forget unbuffered memory, thats a load of crap you need registered buffered memory to go with that graphics card.

You can make a gaming machine for 1200, but your not going to get a lot of quality for that.

Pierce

Thanks.

I'd love to spend that much on just a PC, but I wouldnt. I'd have to disagree, you can get a good quality machine with 1200. I know about 7 guys with nice machines, and they only spent around 1200. All IT guys too.

I did myself anyway...That isnt including having to replace parts. My original motherboard just died on me and I had to buy anther keyboard after I discovered my first cuts off when you hold down a key. My overall was 1200 + 300 for the monitor. Ok so it was a 1500 machine but close anyway.

Being an IT student and working for a big IT company, id have to disagree with you. $1200cnd wont buy you a decent high end server, nor will it buy you a cisco switch for $120,000usd. Yes you can make a gaming machine for 1200cnd, but a $1200 cnd wont even buy you a high end LCD/TFT monitor so no you cant make a high end gaming machine, a midrange gaming machine yes.

Pierce

IEatHardDrives

you also forgot

Speakers

Screen(s)

Keyboards

Pierce

Thanks.

I'd love to spend that much on just a PC, but I wouldnt. I'd have to disagree, you can get a good quality machine with 1200. I know about 7 guys with nice machines, and they only spent around 1200. All IT guys too.

Well he has a bit over $1000 american to spend. you can make a decent machine if you already have the monitor and all that....

I have a monitor to use, and operating system..

And I dont want a crazy good machine, just something that will run games smoothly, midrange. 'Cause I can always upgrade.

My system (in sig) cost me around 1300 American. That includes an additional keyboard, a nice Logitech mouse, and wireless adaptor.

You can easily get a good system for that price range - might I recommend the AMD X2 3800, it's the lowest level of AMD's dual core processors, but it handles games and will last for a while - I love it!

I spent about $500 on my machine and about $250 of a 19" LCD and I run BF2 on highest settings possible smootly.

Ultra UV Wizard Mid Tower Case

Ultra V-Series 500-Watt ATX Power Supply

Mach Speed K8M8MS Socket 754 MicroATX Motherboard

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ Processor Socket 754

Masscool AMD K8 Cooler Fan

120GB Samsung 7200RPM HDD

Ultra 1024MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz Memory

Ultra 512MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz Memory

eVGA e-geforce 6600GT 128MB AGP 8X

Acer AL1914B 19" LCD

Logitech Cordless Desktop LX 300

You dont need $1000USD for a system with out a monitor.

"Being an IT student and working for a big IT company, id have to disagree with you. $1200cnd wont buy you a decent high end server, nor will it buy you a cisco switch for $120,000usd. Yes you can make a gaming machine for 1200cnd, but a $1200 cnd wont even buy you a high end LCD/TFT monitor so no you cant make a high end gaming machine, a midrange gaming machine yes.

Pierce"

Ok where the hell did you get a sever or cisco switch from. He's asking about a gaming pc. Yes $1200 will get you a pretty dam good computer. Who cares if you work for a big IT company and all of that so what. Does that make you better then us then? Hell I'm a student so what you don't see me quote unquote bragging about it. So next time why don't you stick to the dam show. Sorry to the orginal poster, but what Ieatharddrvies suggested will be fine.

P.S. If you spent $4200 on a dam laptop to do that, THEN YOUR A FREAKING JACKASS.

"Being an IT student and working for a big IT company, id have to disagree with you. $1200cnd wont buy you a decent high end server, nor will it buy you a cisco switch for $120,000usd. Yes you can make a gaming machine for 1200cnd, but a $1200 cnd wont even buy you a high end LCD/TFT monitor so no you cant make a high end gaming machine, a midrange gaming machine yes.

Pierce"

Ok where the hell did you get a sever or cisco switch from. He's asking about a gaming pc. Yes $1200 will get you a pretty dam good computer. Who cares if you work for a big IT company and all of that so what. Does that make you better then us then? Hell I'm a student so what you don't see me quote unquote bragging about it. So next time why don't you stick to the dam show. Sorry to the orginal poster, but what Ieatharddrvies suggested will be fine.

P.S. If you spent $4200 on a dam laptop to do that, THEN YOUR A FREAKING JACKASS.

Agreed

I have spent about 1100-1200 american on mine, and that's it being on it's 3rd video card (first one was a reuse from a previous system).

Here's my current specs

MGE Sidewinder Case (1st gen)

MGE 400Watt ATX PSU (With case)

Gigabyte GA-7N400-L Mobo nForce2 Ultra 400

AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 400MHz FSB Version (Athlon 64 prices dropped right after i bought it)

PQI Power Series Ram PC 3200 2x512MB (Good ram for cheap Think about it)

eVGA e-GeForce 6600GT AGP8X (Previous cards: eVGA GeForce FX 5700 Ultra and Jaton GeForce2 MX400)

Soundblaster Audigy2 ZS (Previous card: Soundblaster Live! 5.1 reuse from older system)

Maxtor 160GB 8MB Cache HDD

Lite-On 16x DVD-ROM (Previous: LG 40X CD-ROM reuse)

Lite-On 16x DVD-/+RW DL (Previous: Lite-On 48x32x48x CD-RW reuse)

Some Floppy (reuse)

Logitech Elite Keyboard (Reuse)

Logitech MX518 (Brand spankin new)

Logitech X-530 Speakers

Dell M991 Monitor 19" CRT (Bought used from friend for $40 in perfect condition sells refurbished for 80+)

Note that all this didn't just happen. my computer evolved over the course of a year. Unless I get an eVGA e-GeForce 6800GS AGP 8X nothin else is getting changed more than likely. OH! and my price estimate also includes XP Home. All other software was either reused or free.........other than boo coodles of games.

P.S. Also Mistabigshot, how do you play BF2 maxed with a 6600GT? i have the EXACT same card. I'm serious I'd like to know why I can't. I thought you needed at least a 6800GT. I can only run in medium for acceptable performance (which is pretty good average 40FPS or more). Could be my cpu and ram I noticed a considerable difference in CoD when usin the same GeForce2 MX400 on a PIII with 512MB PC133 to an AMD athlon XP 3000+ with 512MB PC3200

(sry irrelevant but I'd like to know)

Edited by Honda_Boy