You Wanted To See Snow?

... it's 17 degrees but it feel likes 3 degrees according to the weather man. Which brings up a question, if it feels like 3 degrees then why not just say it's 3 degrees?

Glad you brought that up as it's one of my pet peeves. It's a cheap trick to scare people into thinking things are worse than they really are. That's the (what it's called here) "wind chill factor" and it is what the temperature and wind makes it feel like ... ON BARE SKIN.

So IF you're gonna run around outside naked all winter long, go ahead and pay attention to that number because at least then you'll know what the wind chill factor was when your weiner fell off. :blush:

But if you cover up when you go outside, that number is a total crock.

Well, I'm glad everyone else is getting some of this white stuff. That's all it's been doing around here for a month now. All the ski areas are open. And they have opened all the groomed snowmobile trails. I would still wait for another couple of feet before suggesting just going anywhere on snowmobilies yet tho. And we had two weeks in a row where the temps ran in the teens in the day, to sub zero at night.

Real nice to fire up the wood burner tho, and bask in the heat of it.

As you can see, even my girl is doing her part to stay warm.

Lol...

Ya, we have about half a foot here in Ontario!!!

Burrrrrrr!!! Freezing cold and snow past my ankles so snow can get into my shoes....Burrrrrr!! I need to move somewhere warm all year round....

Tyme what are you doing in Ontario? Thought you were in BC? Of course Surrey drivers & snow do not mix well at all..Instant panic..

We are suppose to get 6-9 inches in the next day on top of the 5 we already have...

Glad this house just sold, I'm going where it's warm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Keith, so glad to hear the house finally sold..What a relief.. Hope it went for a fair price..

Where will you move to..Any plans?

Lol...

Ya, we have about half a foot here in Ontario!!!

Burrrrrrr!!! Freezing cold and snow past my ankles so snow can get into my shoes....Burrrrrr!! I need to move somewhere warm all year round....

Tyme what are you doing in Ontario? Thought you were in BC? Of course Surrey drivers & snow do not mix well at all..Instant panic..

Howdy Sharber....

Well, to make a long story short, my fiance and I split up... I'm back home with my parents for now until I get situated and can get my head on straight, we are sharing custody of the kids for now and seems to be working good so far... She is at home (in Ontario) with her parents and we are just trying to deal with this the best we can...

I will be back out in B.C one day...

Steve

ok here are some pics I took this morning, after the sun came out and the snow went away.

Hey Dragon, or anyone, how do you do those thumbnail photos?

I can't find out anywhere how to do that.

I see them on here all the time, but can't figure out how to do it.

I tried upload a photo from Photobucket, using thumbnail image, but

not the same. It doesn't look like yours.

Barb :unsure:

Well Barb, the trick is simple,

It won't work with photobucket supplying the image, it has to be uploaded from your computer's picture folder. If you use photobucket, it's kinda hard to adjust the size of the image because your using a direct link from another website. the img tag in the boards doesn't allow resizing to allow pics to look like thumbnails.

ok here are some pics I took this morning, after the sun came out and the snow went away.

Hey Dragon, or anyone, how do you do those thumbnail photos?

I can't find out anywhere how to do that.

I see them on here all the time, but can't figure out how to do it.

I tried upload a photo from Photobucket, using thumbnail image, but

not the same. It doesn't look like yours.

Barb :unsure:

Well Barb, the trick is simple,

It won't work with photobucket supplying the image, it has to be uploaded from your computer's picture folder. If you use photobucket, it's kinda hard to adjust the size of the image because your using a direct link from another website. the img tag in the boards doesn't allow resizing to allow pics to look like thumbnails.

Thanks Dragon. I found out that it doesn't work with photobucket. I did try it by uploading from my picture folder, and it worked as a thumbnail image. I had help from handplane, chappy and bubba bob. It was easier than I thought. I just don't get the words "thumbnail attached" but it is that size. Go figure. So I guess I'm doing it right now. Was just curious.

Sorry I hijacked your thread. Thanks again.

Barb :D