Help! Internet Problems

for some reason, my internet at home is not working.... it can connect to the ISP, but not to the web page or anything, i cant download and virus updates and my virus checker says there is nothing...

PLEASE HELP!!!

DANNY

Are you using a Cable Modem? If you are. Try turning it off and unplugging it from the wall outlet for about a minute. Then try it again. If your using something else, post back.

Just for sh!+s and giggles clear the following:

Temp

Temp Internet Files

Cookies

History

I will assume you know how to empty these files.

Also a restart after emptying the files, Jsky has it right with the cable modem, I have wireless internet and had to do that a few times after install.

M

Thanks for the advice!!!! But I solved this problem just now!!!! Don't you just hate spyware???? I KNOW I DO!!! There was something called: New.net; and Webhancer???

I think that is spyware.... thanks again!!

Danny

NOW I"M MAD!!!!!!!!! My internet is now f***ing with me now.... first after i took out some spyware, it works, then i have to call my mom and it logs in, but wont allow me to access the site!!! Did i mention I'M SO FRICKIN' MAD!!! Can someone please tell me whats going on?? I'm on dial up 56k. i downloaded CWS shredder, HJT and spybot when i had the chance....

PLEASE HELP!!!

DANNY

you may be highjacked so it may pay to wait for some one to post and help you highjack can be a tricky operation.i suggest you install highjack this and send the log file here the the thread some will help.

not sure who reads it on this board probably B WILL HELP

marty

Now, i have the program on disk, and when i get home all will be good.....I hope.... <_<

Chappy, the thing you emailed me was 1kb, the real thing was 100 some kb....

Anything else before i do it?

Hmm, thats odd...I only compressed it and changed the extension so your filter wouldn't bounce ie again.

I just checked the zipped file I sent you and it was 177KB....very odd.

Oh well, nothing else you need to do but run LSPFix and see if it works for you.

Dave