Setting Up Vnc On My Computer

Hello, I just downloaded ULTRAVNC. I saw my friend using it and i thought it was pretty cool. I installed it and everything. The main reason I want it is becuase i can access my home computer from school using a java enabled computer. I was using remote desktop before but I stopped because it always needed a computer with internet explorer and had a bunch of activeX controls. My real question is, has anyone used this before or anything similar? I can't seem to get it to work right. Whenever I go to the URL it says connection refused. I forwarded the ports. thanks

Hello, I just downloaded ULTRAVNC. I saw my friend using it and i thought it was pretty cool. I installed it and everything. The main reason I want it is becuase i can access my home computer from school using a java enabled computer. I was using remote desktop before but I stopped because it always needed a computer with internet explorer and had a bunch of activeX controls. My real question is, has anyone used this before or anything similar? I can't seem to get it to work right. Whenever I go to the URL it says connection refused. I forwarded the ports. thanks

Your firewall at home is probably blocking it.