Sygate Firewall Will Be Discontinued

Important Notice: Effective November 30th, 2005 all Sygate personal firewall products and forum support will be discontinued. This does not affect Sygate's Enterprise firewall and endpoint compliance products, which will still be updated and supported.

Former Sygate customers can be assured that Symantec will continue to provide forum support on all Sygate consumer products at this time. When appropriate, the Symantec Support organization will follow standard EOL and EOS processes. For additional information regarding those policies, please see the link below. For technical assistance, please email:

[email protected]

For EOL / EOS information click here

http://www.symantecstore.com/dr/v2/ec_main...ODE=&CACHE_ID=0

Edited by Brandon

I'll still run Sygate as long as I can also. :D

Matt.... I've seen this one mentioned (but can't remember where) that you may want to check out.

It's also offered at MajorGeeks.....

Personally I don't know anything about it but here it is:

Jetico

Edited by rv56

I've got Kerio kicking now. And, I have to say, I like it! Just make sure when you install, you pick advanced mode, so you controll and teach what has access and what doesn't. It acts like Sygate that way.

Matt

Edited by Matt
I've got Kerio kicking now. And, I have to say, I like it! Just make sure when you install, you pick advanced mode, so you controll and teach what has access and what doesn't. It acts like Sygate that way.

Matt

Thanks Matt

This is good to know in case or should I ever have to change from Sygate. :thumbsup:

I'll keep Kerio in mind... ;)

Sounds like you're good with Kerio's firewall, eh Matt?

i was gonna say...i've used "tiny" before. Played around with it and it doesn't suck. i've read it's pretty much the same architecture as XP FW. imho, XP FW isn't sucky at all. Well except...Ya know the deal on out bound... Anyway..."tiny" gives you that small sense of security, fair amount of control, it's easy on resources and it's free. i do recall being overwhelmed by it at first. But it was my first FW.You have to start somewhere right?

i've never tried Kerio or ZA...Think i'll keep Kerio in mind cuz your review sounded pretty positive. Man am i gonna miss Sygate! Thanks for sharing the info!