Ok, there is G & B..Im gonna buy mine today. Which one should i get

The main internet line is into the desktop ( the one im on).. I need a router so that other computers ( Laptops) can get acces in and around my house.

The cheapest possible :)

I remember along time ago i read up on G & B but i never really payed attention.

So any reccomendations are greatly appreciated

Edited by TheTrueDarkOne

IMO i wouldnt buy any of those. 2 are refurbished, 2 are off brands, and 1 isnt wireless at all. lol :)

See what Steve thinks, but Id go with something like this.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16833124010

For maybe $5-$10 more you could get a decent router from Walmart/Best Buy/Circut City...

Edited by Bubba Bob

I have nothing but praise for the WRT54G.

I have one and love it.

I had a Netgear (I forget he model) at first and had nothing but trouble with it.

I was having to power-cycle everything several times a day to keep connected.

Keep in mind, that was my first router/networking experience so the problems may have been my fault.

But when I tried the Linksys, everything ran fine from day one.

I use Linksys exclusively now.

That's a good price for the WRT54G.

Circuit City shows it for $70, but there's a $30 mail-in rebate so it's $40 net.

I assume you would get the same rebate buying through NewEgg.

Go for it.

I've also got the WRT45G, a little bit of driver problems (at least with mine that I purchased around 6 months ago) SAVE SOME TIME AND GO ON THE WEBSITE AND GET DRIVERS BEFORE YOU CALL INDIAN TECH SUPPORT! I believe the website was linksys.com/easy and it fixed the problem

I've also got the WRT45G, a little bit of driver problems (at least with mine that I purchased around 6 months ago) SAVE SOME TIME AND GO ON THE WEBSITE AND GET DRIVERS BEFORE YOU CALL INDIAN TECH SUPPORT! I believe the website was linksys.com/easy and it fixed the problem

Well, wouldnt that be the first thing on your to-do list anyway... gen068.gif