arachnid40

Neat Holiday Light Video

Yet another update: The local authorities shut him down after they were unable to respond to a vehicular accident in front of the house due to the tremendous amount of traffic generated by the display.

Aww, no more 'holiday light display' for him ... :(

Yup, just heard that on the local news. He lives in Mason, Ohio and there are over 25,000 lights. Now the newscasters said (and this might be wrong, they're wrong a LOT) that the homeowner shut things down voluntarily because of the authorities not being able to get access to the traffic accident.

sure hope he plugs things in on Christmas Eve and Christmas. What a wonderful gift to give his area.

Liz

And he has swag lights on his front porch--wonder where he found them, mine finally bit the dust this year. Nice find, Bozodog! thanks

Liz

So I saw a short segment on TV about that house. First, I thought it was funny that so many people around the web stated in no uncertain terms that there was some sort of trickery involved, that the lights weren't real. Ha.

The guy who put them up is an engineer. His wife wanted him to put up "some" lights. There are dozens of controllers, relays, a computer, etc. in the garage controlling all of it. If you drive by they broadcast the music on the FM band, so you just tune it in on your car radio. There's no loudspeaker playing it, so the neighbors aren't bothered (and the lights go off at 10:00 PM). He has programmed many other songs.

Umm, that's all I remember just now.

------

Yet another update: The local authorities shut him down after they were unable to respond to a vehicular accident in front of the house due to the tremendous amount of traffic generated by the display.

UPDATE......!!!!!!! oh my goodness...i just saw this video on an ESPN miller LITE commercial..LOL... :thumbsup:

my girls ask to see the video every day...my seven y/o looked me in the eye and said..."Dad that guy smoked us.." refering to our lites...sigh... :lol:

So I saw a short segment on TV about that house. First, I thought it was funny that so many people around the web stated in no uncertain terms that there was some sort of trickery involved, that the lights weren't real. Ha.

The guy who put them up is an engineer. His wife wanted him to put up "some" lights. There are dozens of controllers, relays, a computer, etc. in the garage controlling all of it. If you drive by they broadcast the music on the FM band, so you just tune it in on your car radio. There's no loudspeaker playing it, so the neighbors aren't bothered (and the lights go off at 10:00 PM). He has programmed many other songs.

Umm, that's all I remember just now.

------

UPDATE......!!!!!!! oh my goodness...i just saw this video on an ESPN miller LITE commercial..LOL... :thumbsup:

my girls ask to see the video every day...my seven y/o looked me in the eye and said..."Dad that guy smoked us.." refering to our lites...sigh... :lol:post-38-1134976531_thumb.jpg

Edited by screi

screi Your light display is really beautiful! Something I've always wanted to do but never have.

Cool! B)

Just seen the video on the "Miller Lite" commercial this morning on ESPN.

Wondering and hoping that the guy was fairly compensated for his footage....

Edited by Scarlett