Welcome Home Everyone!

WELCOME HOME!!

Isn't it great to have our home back up, and have everyone start to come back!

I think this is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, and all you wonderful people make it this way. A huge THANK YOU to all of our members who make this place, the BEST & FRIENDLIEST forum on the WWW!!!

Also, huge thanx must go to Macmarauder for our temp home, from the bottoms of our hearts....Thank You Mac!

Now its time for me to get back to work, and get some things I've promised to do...done. I'll have some new Tutorials out soon so keep watch. I've promised the Mods that I'll add screenshots to the Mod Manual, they'll be done shortly with our new control panel controls.

I've wanted to clarify our Rules & Guidelines for our newer membership, I'll get going on that soon.

Basically, we want to give our home the Professional look & feel it deserves, have clear and concise guidelines for posts and forums, and have a solid database of Tutorials that our members can use for their computing enjoyment, all the while keeping our down-home atmosphere front and center.

Its you folks who deserve all this, and its our pleasure to try and achieve it for you in whatever way we can!

WELCOME HOME!!

Isn't it great to have our home back up, and have everyone start to come back!

I think this is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, and all you wonderful people make it this way. A huge THANK YOU to all of our members who make this place, the BEST & FRIENDLIEST forum on the WWW!!!

Also, huge thanx must go to Macmarauder for our temp home, from the bottoms of our hearts....Thank You Mac!

Now its time for me to get back to work, and get some things I've promised to do...done. I'll have some new Tutorials out soon so keep watch. I've promised the Mods that I'll add screenshots to the Mod Manual, they'll be done shortly with our new control panel controls.

I've wanted to clarify our Rules & Guidelines for our newer membership, I'll get going on that soon.

Basically, we want to give our home the Professional look & feel it deserves, have clear and concise guidelines for posts and forums, and have a solid database of Tutorials that our members can use for their computing enjoyment, all the while keeping our down-home atmosphere front and center. Its you folks who deserve all this, and its our pleasure to try and achieve it for you in whatever way we can!

But...but...but...but...Chappy, if you go and make us try to look like bunch of professionals with more rules and guidelines for posting etc; then are dress codes, and decorum, and no fun, only work, work, work to be next on the list? :( Oh no, say it ain't so Chappy!!! :( How on earth will we able to continue to be the happy go lucky, fun, wacky, helpful, wonderful, folksy place that is known far and wide for being the best family bunch that plays together, and works together, one for all and all for one, family group, if we have to be professional etc? :unsure: We love the boards, and don't want to have to dress up and play professional. :rolleyes: Please, please, please don't make us grow up and act professional Chappy. :rolleyes: We like the boards just the way they are. :thumbsup:

But if Jeff wants it more professional....sigh....sigh....sigh...then Mac keep those temp boards open please...'cuz I'm not good at being anyone but myself, and that sure ain't professional. :rolleyes::whistling::pirate::poster_oops::rolleyes:

Pat

God bless everyone.

Edited by thesidekickcat

Don't worry, Pat, us girls will figure out a way to....misbehave, be naughty, be evil, Ah, we'll run amuck together. (as Robroy slaps his forehead and says, 'great, she has partners in crime now') Makai can join us :thumbsup:

Liz

Don't worry, Pat, us girls will figure out a way to....misbehave, be naughty, be evil, Ah, we'll run amuck together. (as Robroy slaps his forehead and says, 'great, she has partners in crime now') Makai can join us :thumbsup:

Liz

isn't that what women do anyways?

Ouch...looks like a storm is a-brewing

OOps

Me thinks you misunderstand what I meant there....about rules and Professionalism kinda stuff

This is kinda what I had in mind...

Rules: Edit(never mind...Jeff made changes that I forgot were there....been away too long)

we have none now, "Play nice" is a good rule, but I just wanted to clarify about swearing, trolling, and nudie pix...we don't want the place going G4'ish now do we...??

Profeshinalismss (grrr....spelink sux):

In our Tech Help and Tutorials type stuff....just so we can remind folks that we DO actually do that stuff, and we're good at it too!

I'm not about to enforce dress codes an stuff...and crack a whip at your posting styles...c'mon you guys, you know me better than that...:( (sniffers)

All I'm trying to do is to make Besttechie.net Fun & Informative for all ages and levels, a place where everyone wants to be, and keep the trash at that other place where it belongs. To that end...a few rules have to be in place, but nothing that changes what we are now, and thats a promise!!!!

Running amok is your choice, dressed or not Liz...go for it.

Edited by Chappy
OOps

Me thinks you misunderstand what I meant there....about rules and Professionalism kinda stuff

This is kinda what I had in mind...

Rules: Edit(never mind...Jeff made changes that I forgot were there....been away too long)

we have none now, "Play nice" is a good rule, but I just wanted to clarify about swearing, trolling, and nudie pix...we don't want the place going G4'ish now do we...??

Profeshinalismss (grrr....spelink sux):

In our Tech Help and Tutorials type stuff....just so we can remind folks that we DO actually do that stuff, and we're good at it too!

I'm not about to enforce dress codes an stuff...and crack a whip at your posting styles...c'mon you guys, you know me better than that...:( (sniffers)

All I'm trying to do is to make Besttechie.net Fun & Informative for all ages and levels, a place where everyone wants to be, and keep the trash at that other place where it belongs. To that end...a few rules have to be in place, but nothing that changes what we are now, and thats a promise!!!!

Running amok is your choice, dressed or not Liz...go for it.

Ahhhhhhhh!!!! Blood pressure returning to normal, pulse rate coming down, breathing at a more normal rate. Ahhhhhh! :matrix:

I feel so much better now that you clarified all that Chappy!!! Got kind of scared there for awhile. Thank You for reassuring us about the upcoming new rules. I thought we already had rules? :unsure: but "Play Nice" works for me...most of the time! :rolleyes:

Pat

God bless everyone.

Oh!!!

You mean "Just use common sense and some maturity".

Use G4 as a reference as to "how not to act".

Correct?

Exactly tman!

I didn't expect to raise eyebrows with that thing about rules...heheh...just was going to clarify what our community expects from new members was all.

I wouldn't change this place one bit (except Mac's experiments that keep blowing the fuse box...), don't know why anyone would think I would. ;)

alright i can still act like a high school senior (actually i am still that) instead of a harvard graduate. and yes were i go to school 95% of my senior class is immature and wacky. that includes me. (makes fart noise and giggles along with friends :lol: )

Well I guess I was a little slow on the giddy-up.

Kept heading back to the temp. sight and no one there!

Jeez, it was like walking through an abandoned warehouse or something. Found the link in Sauron the Morbids Sig over in TTV (er..G4) and by golly here it is.

So much more maturity here. Not to mention all my favorite Big Guns inhabit this place.

Edited by luvIPA