Today i recieved a letter from PC World asking me if id wish to purchase a subscription to theyre magazine. ive of course heard of PC world before and thought of it as a pretty cool magazine. but i just wanted to know if it was worth it for a subscription. I personally think its an amazing deal but i dont want to get a crappy magazine. Heres what ill get:

1. 12-issue subscription

2. PC World's Windows tips & tricks Vol. 2 CD-ROM

3. PC World's PC Tune-Up Vol. 2 CD-ROM

4. Annual "Best Free Stuff on the web" issue

5. Super PC troubleshooting guide issue

6. Annual Protect your PC issue- Stop viruses, foil hackers, block spam, zap spyware

7. Best products of the year issue featuring our world class winners

8. product reveiws and ranking backed by the PC world test center

9. monthly tips on windows, hardware, the internet and more

10. unlimited access to the site

All for $12.00, thats right only $12. good deal? i think so.

Schmidt1989

Edited by Schmidt1989

Not really. PC World is more for begginers. From reading your posts im sure you would find it boring and useless.

2. PC World's Windows tips & tricks Vol. 2 CD-ROM

3. PC World's PC Tune-Up Vol. 2 CD-ROM

4. Annual "Best Free Stuff on the web" issue

5. Super PC troubleshooting guide issue

6. Annual Protect your PC issue- Stop viruses, foil hackers, block spam, zap spyware

7. Best products of the year issue featuring our world class winners

8. product reveiws and ranking backed by the PC world test center

9. monthly tips on windows, hardware, the internet and more

10. unlimited access to the site

All stuff you can find free on the net.

Look at the offer and see if you can get it cheaper by doing two years. I saw one offer recently for two years for $20. I already subscribe to it, but am so far behind on all my magazines that I seldom get time to read it. But I do like the reviews of things just to see what is available. A recent issue reviewed large LCD monitors. The latest says it has a special PC Security section on "How To Beat The Bad Guys" .

My advice, go to the store and thumb through it at the magazine rack to see if you might like to subscribe. That's what I did originally.

Here is a link to their website.

PC World

Pat.

God bless everyone.

• 1 month later...

the subscripton link on their web site is one year, with all the special issues, for $20

Many times, the little postcards that get inserted in their magazines offer substantial discounts off their regular rate.

I would suggest looking thru an issue and see if there is a card in there that might get you a year for like $10 or two years for $20