A friend of mine has a Dell computer. It only came with 256 MB of Ram. So I DL'd Everest Home Edition to get her specs.

Motherboard

CPU Type Intel Celeron D 320, 2400 MHz (18 x 133)

Motherboard Name Dell Dimension 3000

Motherboard Chipset Intel Morgan Hill i865GV

System Memory 253 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)

BIOS Type Phoenix (11/08/04)

Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)

Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

This is the pertinent part of the specs. So when I'm looking for more RAM do I just look for PC3200 DDR SDRAM & that will aotomatically be compatible? Other than opening her computer up, where can I find out if I can just add another stick of RAM or if I have to replace the one or two that are there. Sorry, I didn't even think about looking inside her computer before I left her house. :blush: Or do all computers come with 4 slots? If she has 2 sticks of 128MB, do I have to get 2 more sticks of 128 or can I just get 1 stick of 256MB? I'm trying to obtain 512MB by the way. Any help to get me started would be greatly appreciated. :D

You want PC3200, and you should try to match the CAS latency (Dells are weirdly picky about this). I would stick with CL 3.0. And you want to stay under the maximum the system can support. That's really all you need to worry about.