AVG found what it thinks is a trojen its called BASSMOD.dll, I googled it and nothing appears to come up, maybe someone can help me out and tell me what this is? Its in C:Windows\system23\BASSMOD.dll, I havent done anything different and have not yet updated to the new updates.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Looks to me to be just some audio library. Here

I wnt to http://virusscan.jotti.org/ but didn't find anything wrong with the file. Anyone know a site like virusscan.jotti.org but instead or malware I can search for trojans? Not the whole PC just the file. Went to google found nothing promising.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jotti scans for Trojans, as well as other types of malware. But if you still want another place to get the file checked out, try here. It is a forum that will allow you to upload a file to be inspected.

*Click on "New Topic"

*Put your name, e-mail address, and in the title: 'C:Windows\system23\BASSMOD.dll'

*You may want to put a link to this topic

*Then next to the file box. at the bottom, click the "browse" button, then navigate to the file path of Bassmod.dll

*Press "Open".

*Click "Post".

You DO NOT need to be a member to upload, anybody can upload the files.

Hope this helps.

Matt

• 4 years later...

BASSmod.dll can be malware, more specific to cracked mirc software ,backdoor win32 irc bot it could render ur pc unbootable, pc will post @ boot but after self test u will have only a black screen as ur desktop/taskbar wont load as the registry changes made by the malware causes the registry to by pass winlogon commands stay of the crack man , u be ok

BASSmod.dll can be malware, more specific to cracked mirc software ,backdoor win32 irc bot it could render ur pc unbootable, pc will post @ boot but after self test u will have only a black screen as ur desktop/taskbar wont load as the registry changes made by the malware causes the registry to by pass winlogon commands stay of the crack man , u be ok

I would hope he is OK. This thread is over 5 years old.