I propose to start a new forum in Best Techie, a section about Modding and Over Clocking, I know we have a PC tips and tricks but that dosent have a direct look at modding and oc'ing. BT will you take this into consideration? I am a big fan of both of these topics.

Edited by ampshock

I suggested this when I first came here, and I didn't get a great response. Now I think I know why. There aren't enough modders here to support it. Frankly, there are other well moderated forums dedicated to modding, my favorite is: Yoshi.us Forums

Don't get me wrong, I love these forums. But modding tends to draw a younger crowd, and is pretty small subculture as tech goes. By spreading us out on a lot of different boards, we dilute the talent and make it harder to get help.

Having said that, I am not into the OC scene, but I would assume we are looking at the same issues.

Just my opinion.

BH

For those of you that are interested, Yoshi and his wife are about to have their first child (a boy). Details on his forum announcements page.

I suggested this when I first came here, and I didn't get a great response.  Now I think I know why. There aren't enough modders here to support it.  Frankly, there are other well moderated forums dedicated to modding, my favorite is: Yoshi.us Forums

Don't get me wrong, I love these forums.  But modding tends to draw a younger crowd, and is pretty small subculture as tech goes.  By spreading us out on a lot of different boards, we dilute the talent and make it harder to get help.

Having said that, I am not into the OC scene, but I would assume we are looking at the same issues.

Just my opinion.

BH

For those of you that are interested, Yoshi and his wife are about to have their first child (a boy).  Details on his forum announcements page.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think there's more than young kids who mod their boxes and overclock. I've been doing these tweaks since I bought my first computer.

I think there's more than young kids who mod their boxes and overclock. I've been doing these tweaks since I bought my first computer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree, because I am one. There just aren't that many people that mod period. The way I see it, you mod for one of two reasons:

1) Bragging rights.

2) You have a drive to take everything and reengineer it to be more powerful, prettier, or better in some other way.

Now most of the mature types like you and I could care less about bragging rights, so that motivation is gone. That just leaves those of us with the drive to improve everything. Frankly my friend, we are a rare breed. In my experence, most people with that drive go into woodworking or golf :).

On Yoshi's site there are about 15 active frequent modders. Of those about four are adults. Now I can't speak to the lurkers, but that is a really small number for a national figure who had regular show segments on a TV network.

And to be blunt, this is a better site to go to if you need tech advice, linux help, and a variety of other things. Yoshi's versions of this content isn't doing as well. Frankly I would avocate to those posters to come here, there is a much better chance to get good info here on those subjects.

But like I said, just my opinion. If there were more active modders on the net I wouldn't care.

BH

I modd for fun and to customise things to make them work the way I want them to. I overclock for the ablity to load media faster, Render 3D objects faster and for gaming reasons. I just think that this new fourm will help BestTechie.net expand, reaching new heighs, and I will be able to do all of my tech posting in one spot. And yes If BT does add this on to the forums It should be said that the modds and overclocks people do we are not responable for.