Anniversary

I becoming a part of a diminishing group.

Tomorrow I celebrate 26 years of marriage. Quite an task in this day and age. Most of the people I grew up with have called it quites long ago. Or are on their second and third try. It was hard for awhile. But once I figured out everything I did or said was wrong and she was right about everything made all the difference.....LOL :lol:

No really. We've had are ups and downs. But we managed to work through them. Sometimes I wonder how. But that's the way one has to play the game. One day at a time. And admitting your wrong (even when your not) helps....LOL ^_^

What will the next 26 years bring???? We'll just have to wait and see. But hopefully all of you will still be around to see.

Congratulations on the 26 years of marriage!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

We just got to 35 last month. I figure we have earned every war medal available, plus a nomination for the Nobel peace prize, during those many years (or was I talking about the past month, and one still to go, with hubby home on a Sabbatical and all these Projects? :unsure: sigh!!! :rolleyes: )

Marriage is definitely hard work, divorce isn't easy either (I've gone down that road once). Now murder...ummm? Funny sort of thing happened while my hubby and I were having a Difference Of Opinion this past week...a woman shot and killed her husband here in Metro area and said he told her to go ahead and shoot him so she did. HINT to the guys... Don't Tempt Us When We Are Mad!!! :unsure::wacko::rolleyes:

That would be something, if all of us were around here for next 26 years, I wonder what the internet, and all the computers and this site of Jeff's will be like, and the rest of the world too? And will they figure out how to reverse the aging effect by then? I hope so as I am 61 now, so will really be old by then.

Give your wife a big hug from us here too. Is she a BT board member too, or on other ones, or are you the only computer/board user of the household?

Pat.

God bless everyone.

Thanks Pat :)

Also for the tip of not saying "Go ahead and shoot" when she's mad. :blink: LOL

No, I'm the only one who uses the PC 99% of the time. She kills them. On my old PC, I could be on for hours doing three things at once and never a problem. She would sit down and BAM!!! It would freeze right up. So I built my own pc, one more then capable of any type of gaming or multi-tasking. Running great. She sits down and BAM!!! Freezes right up. So now she believes she's bad luck on the computer. But that's OK, I never have to fight for time using it. :lol:

Congratulations!

I think it all comes down to expectations. You have to let a woman be a woman, and she has to let you be a man. In my experience there is no 50-50 in any relationship, she is going to pick out the curtains, you get to pick out the grass seed. The trick is to just go with it.

13 years in for me, and there have been some bumpy spots. If we can survive our daughters teen years and monopause everything else will be gravy. :)

BH

Thanks Everyone. As we get older, time seems to go by much faster. So time together doesn't seem to take as long. :D

Careful Terrorist. I have known allot of friends that have said "It'll never happen to me". And it ended up happening allot faster then they thought. So we'll be waiting for your future announcement. :lol:

Congrats Mr and Mrs JSKY on your 26th Anniversary!! My hats off to you and all the other "Old timers in Wedded Bliss". We are a rare breed nowadays.

And you're so smart, JSKY to realize you need to let your wife "win". I had to do the opposite--ignore Hubby when he thinks he is right :thumbsup: But I end up with the upper hand when his "right solution" blows up in his face.

Liz

Congrats JSKY and the other long term survivors. I've been divorced for 11 years now (married for 12) and like TT_75, I've learned to just say no. I finally realized I am attracted to insane women. Smart interesting and attractive, but insane.

Congrats to you and yours!!!!

We are going on 36 years together.

We didn't get married "for better or worse" -- we got married for good!

I wish you another 26 years!!

Thanks to all of you for the congrats. The wife also says to tell each and everyone Thanks for the congrats and warm wishes. Agian Thanks All :D

CONGRATS to you all!!

All you old-timer married type folks....good job!

I made it thru 17 yrs of mostly Hell, then I left her. Couldn't live in that world anymore or I would've killed myself, she was way too....how do I say this diplomatically....INSANE!!!

There was no "middle ground" with her, and compromise was not in her vocabulary. It was her way, or all hell broke loose, and lasted for months at a time.

Didn't see that side of her until the papers were signed, and knots tied, then the ugly side emerged and eventually took over. Even our son has nothing to do with her unless he has to, he was old enough at the end to see what was truly happening. He even told me numerous times to get the hell out before it killed me...he was right.

Well anyway, all of you deserve a good "WAY TO GO", keep it up!!

Sorry to be a downer with my story, but not all is good in the world, and some marriages just shouldn't be...mine was one of those.

My kids always said, "Dad, you're just way to nice a guy, and too laid-back to be stuck with her. Find someone who'll treat you like you treat them, and be happy for once."

So far I've been too scarred from that one to have another relationship right now, maybe someday.

CONGRATS to you all!!

All you old-timer married type folks....good job!

I made it thru 17 yrs of mostly Hell, then I left her. Couldn't live in that world anymore or I would've killed myself, she was way too....how do I say this diplomatically....INSANE!!!

There was no "middle ground" with her, and compromise was not in her vocabulary. It was her way, or all hell broke loose, and lasted for months at a time.

Didn't see that side of her until the papers were signed, and knots tied, then the ugly side emerged and eventually took over. Even our son has nothing to do with her unless he has to, he was old enough at the end to see what was truly happening. He even told me numerous times to get the hell out before it killed me...he was right.

Well anyway, all of you deserve a good "WAY TO GO", keep it up!!

Sorry to be a downer with my story, but not all is good in the world, and some marriages just shouldn't be...mine was one of those.

My kids always said, "Dad, you're just way to nice a guy, and too laid-back to be stuck with her. Find someone who'll treat you like you treat them, and be happy for once."

So far I've been too scarred from that one to have another relationship right now, maybe someday.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Chappy,

You've just described my first relationship! :D

I was with my fiance for three very long years before I broke it off. She would always ask me when we were going to get married, but, something always held me back. Perhaps I was hesitant due to fact that she was certifiable. After one of our usual long fights I left my apartment and in my absence she trashed it. I left her after that. That was the best move I ever made. It was strange though because I still missed her for a long time.